ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Default Re: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Just looked at the map again.................isn't it interesting how many from the South have already signed up as compared to the rest of the country??
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Ralph

Thanks Larry for the idea and that's why they pay you the big bucks. Lol
    My balloon for Toronto is not posted yet but will soon and my wife is nagging me that she does not want me to drive alone. So as more locations are posted on map options may be open for hitch-hikers.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
    ...am I in that contract report as well? I don't remember if I saw the $$ quote, gettin' old, lol.......

Dottie
    Yup Dottie - nobody gets on my map without a bona fide NADA group hotel reservation. Unless of course they contact me and tell me they have a roomie.

A message to everyone - It's really important $ wise that you get in the group. I'm working with Jbell now to get their reservation switched over because they didn't actually get into the group and get our rate. The hotel gave them "the best available rate" at the time they booked which was $95 + tax higher a night than our group rate...dang near double. I'll be going back and amending the original post to try emphasize this, but thought it was worth mentioning here now too. You can go straight to the NADA show site webpage using this link http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/ or directly to the hotels for booking at our group rate using this one. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/even...0&key=27D074F2

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    If you are planning on driving to the Show the trip is much more enjoyable if shared with others. Look at the map and see who will be coming from the same direction as you and reach out to them. Maybe they are looking for someone to share the ride with. This map really makes that easy since you have everyone's name and location.
    If you want to get a hold of somebody but can't match their real name up with their user name contact me and I can help. I've got everyone's phone and e-mail and will be happy to let them know you want to talk and pass on your information to them so you can do so.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 03-03-2016 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added link info
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Wes

Just made my hotel reservation. Keith don't know if it will let you put one of those flags 17 miles south of the hotel.
    Last edited by Wes; 03-04-2016 at 05:47 PM.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    CozyKeith

I found a way to get you clearly on the interactive map Wes, but the display map is going to have to wait until I'm at work. I did not realize until last night all the prior versions of those have been done at work and I get much nicer ones using the 24 inch flat screen there.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Our March Spotlight Member has been added to the map.

And now I'm in also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Thanks Bill, got you on the map.

Real Name
    Ralph

Just hit the book my room button...so no turning back now and looking forward to this even and meeting everyone.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

I am very much looking forward to attending in July. It's always a great learning experience. The other NADA convention I attended was in Atlanta.

Registered Member

Since I'm in the state I guess I can't put my name on the map as I'll just be driving up to the show for multiple days.....

But I'll be there

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Just hit the book my room button...so no turning back now and looking forward to this even and meeting everyone.

...Ralph
    Got you on the map Ralph. Can't do a maple leaf, but at least the marker's red.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Since I'm in the state I guess I can't put my name on the map as I'll just be driving up to the show for multiple days.....

But I'll be there
    Shoot, we already have 2 guys within 15 miles of the hotel spending multiple nights. You can drive daily, but you'll miss a lot of good times and information after the show closes for the night.

Maybe I'll figure out how to add folks not staying at the hotel later, but for now at least I'm keeping it simple for this map.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    Shoot, we already have 2 guys within 15 miles of the hotel spending multiple nights. You can drive daily, but you'll miss a lot of good times and information after the show closes for the night.

Maybe I'll figure out how to add folks not staying at the hotel later, but for now at least I'm keeping it simple for this map.
    I prefer to keep my Discus spending money from the hotels pockets thank you.

And I like to keep my money from the state.Being a cdl crane op,I don't mess around with drinking and driving.But even if I didn't drink,Ive heard of too many good times after hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    Steve

I'm there! Hotel booked and registration paid. Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to the drive.
    Steve

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast