ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Re: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

LOL...Good point.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

not sure i will be able to make it..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    MARRIED!
    President - North American Discus Association

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    You better get that crap fixed.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Over 50 years in fish and it still feels brand new!! Woodduck

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    For whatever reason lots of people wait until the last minute to register. We are significantly ahead of the normal pace so I expect this to be the biggest NADA show ever.....it would be nice though if folks would go ahead and commit.....helps me sleep better.....LOL.

-john
    What keeps me up at night is the thought of running out of rooms. Our contract for the number of room nights we guaranteed and how many the hotel blocked for us was based on prior show attendance. The hotel is willing to give us more rooms as we find we need them if they're available, and we've already had to do that for Wednesday night, but the closer to the show date the less likely this is to being possible. Book early to avoid potential problems.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    What keeps me up at night is the thought of running out of rooms. Our contract for the number of room nights we guaranteed and how many the hotel blocked for us was based on prior show attendance. The hotel is willing to give us more rooms as we find we need them if they're available, and we've already had to do that for Wednesday night, but the closer to the show date the less likely this is to being possible. Book early to avoid potential problems.
    Big groups/conventions are a huge part of hotel revenue. When these events take place, there is certain amount of work that happens behind the scenes. Sales/banquets/housekeeping and others all have to do prep work for these type of events in anticipation. However, you always get a sense on how big an event is going to be based on forecasted numbers compared to actual books. This plays a major role in all outlets because if there seems to be a lackluster response compared to the forecast, they will focus on other things.

The flip side is that if books get higher than projections, the anticipation builds and more outlet managers get involved with the project.

So. Basically what I am trying to say is that if you know you will attend, try doing it sooner rather than later

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Added a third marker to Tennessee on the map, and our very first one from Michigan!
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member fishtanktenderfoot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steph

Yep, I'm the Nashvillian you just added! Yay! Your scare tactics worked on me - so I committed...! I thought I'd have to prepay the room, but all they wanted was the credit card to reserve. And it is cancelable (heaven forbid) up to the day of without penalty, so sign up already, everyone!! Also, I'll buy a drink for anyone who tells my husband while we are there that it is totally NORMAL to drain 55g everyday and refill it. That totally EVERYONE does it.

You will have a blast. I'll look for you there. If I don't see you, I'm the short, slender old lady with long grey hair and no make-up. I don't think that you want me to tell your husband how much water I change every day. I easily go through 250 gallons. gallons. I'll tell him for a free beer, though. If you'd rather he not know, buy me 2 beers and I'll keep my mouth shut.
    Mama Bear

I'm working out all the details with Dottie. Taking show fish makes it harder. I'll take them in buckets as John suggested. I'll be spending the night at Dottie's. Unfortunately, Dottie doesn't trust her water. If she doesn't trust it I don't trust it. I suppose what I'll do is bring 2 10 gallon tanks for the fish to hang out in for half a day and a night. I guess I'll have to take 30 gallons of my own water with me along with heaters to bring it up to temp.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    For whatever reason lots of people wait until the last minute to register. We are significantly ahead of the normal pace so I expect this to be the biggest NADA show ever.....it would be nice though if folks would go ahead and commit.....helps me sleep better.....LOL.

-john
    Rest easy John, I just registered. Already had hotel booked just dragged feet on registering like usual. I was actually going to wait longer but I knew you couldn't sleep.
    -Matt

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by fishtanktenderfoot View Post
    Yep, I'm the Nashvillian you just added! Yay! Your scare tactics worked on me - so I committed...! I thought I'd have to prepay the room, but all they wanted was the credit card to reserve. And it is cancelable (heaven forbid) up to the day of without penalty, so sign up already, everyone!! Also, I'll buy a drink for anyone who tells my husband while we are there that it is totally NORMAL to drain 55g everyday and refill it. That totally EVERYONE does it.
    It isn't my intent to scare anyone Steph, sorry if I gave you that impression, It's just looking like this may be the largest NADA show ever and I really don't want to run into the situation where someone wants to come and we're out of rooms when it can easily be prevented. Booking your room early is the sure fire way to do this. You bring up a couple excellent points in that it doesn't cost anything to reserve your room now and also that you can cancel right up to the day of arrival if you should have to. Thanks!

Thanks Matt. On the water changing deal...I go through roughly 650 gallons a night so draining a 55 seems perfectly fine with me...LOL.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member fishtanktenderfoot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steph

Sorry if my humor didn't translate, I wasn't really scared.

Liz and John, that's exactly what I need!! I'm looking forward to meeting fellow fish fans.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast