AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Custom 150 Acrylic Show Tank

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: New Custom 150 Acrylic Show Tank

That is a well done and very beautiful tank Don! You must be getting great enjoyment out of it. The discus are just gorgeous.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    That is a well done and very beautiful tank Don! You must be getting great enjoyment out of it. The discus are just gorgeous.
    Barb
    Thanks, Barb. Not shown are two pair in the basement, staring at some of your cones! LOL. They better get busy.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Don, I checked out that website and it looks like a great company. Furthermore, they are the only ones I have seen that sell drop off tanks! To boot, they are AIO's! Pretty sweet. If I wasn't so invested in this 22g, I would probably have gone that route.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member dadecountyalan's Avatar

a tank to be proud of

Real Name
    Filip

Very nice biotop look Don and beautiful Discus.
    The background has very realistic 3D look.
    Its amazing how different your LSS's appears with different light.You can have tottaly different coulour of fish by just switching Leds . Every now and then , when you get bored you just change the colours .

Offtopic of your Tank intro , I would like to hear your bitter experience with mixing sources of discus.
    Did you have problems only on introduction of new fish(first few weeks), or were they reoccurring and long term issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Offtopic of your Tank intro , I would like to hear your bitter experience with mixing sources of discus.
    Did you have problems only on introduction of new fish(first few weeks), or were they reoccurring and long term issues.
    I purchased discus from another source and quarantined them for 2 months. I also bought some cories and plecos, and quarantined them with the non-stendker fish. After two months they all seemed fine, and so I mixed the stock. But then they began to show signs of disease, basically just lethargy and not eating. I took some samples to an aquatic veterinarian who scoped them and determined that they had cryptobia.

I now believe that cryptobia can reside in normal-looking fish for a long time before showing symptoms, which makes quarantine ineffective. So, after sterilizing everything, I bought just Stendker fish, and don't plan on introducing anything else. -Don

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Stuart

Where did you get the driftwood it is very nice and what I would like to have.
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by donnacona View Post
    Where did you get the driftwood it is very nice and what I would like to have.
    Stu
    Got it with a local fish club group buy from manzanita.com. Click on "aquarium wood" on the left side menu bar, then "large stumps and special pieces." Once there, try the different pages for various pieces.

Congrats Don, I really love your setup..
    Jorge Q

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12