ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hobbies - Discus & Photography - Not very good at either, but they keep me busy

Registered Member

Default 2 Hobbies - Discus & Photography - Not very good at either, but they keep me busy

My Display Tank - Picture taken with iPhone 6.

IMG_0455.jpg
    Last edited by Smendez; 03-27-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Registered Member

Default Re: 2 Hobbies - Discus & Photography - Not very good at either, but they keep me busy

I believe this is an Albino Golden - Not sure. Definitely from Lawrence Soon - Got it from Chicago Discus.

IMG_9337.jpg
    Last edited by Smendez; 03-27-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Registered Member

Default Re: 2 Hobbies - Discus & Photography - Not very good at either, but they keep me busy

From Chicago Discus - Not sure the strain - Coolest little fellow. He was tiny when he came - 3" max. He is at least 5" now, and stands up to the biggest bullies.

IMG_9389.jpg

Real Name
    Matt

I may be in a minority, but I actually really like the visual look of the half black discus. (I know not literally half black, but what I've always called them)
    -Matt

Real Name
    Phil

Great pics op

I teter on the edge w those half moons. Years back when Chicago discus had them I thight they were so cool and weird and different. I thought I would get some but never did. They look great in this tank.

Registered Member

I like the half moons - My wife loves them. I lost 1 of them to a bacterial infection last December that I misdiagnosed and did not treat it in time. That was a huge disappointment. The one I have left is a super cool fish. S/he gets along great with the others and has a wonderful appetite. It has a high body (taller than longer), and opens its gills super wide to breathe. When I first got it, I thought it was sick and having a hard time breathing. After several treatments, it did not get better, but other than that, the fish appeared quite healthy. Here is a close up of it.

IMG_9361.jpg

Registered Member

A really pretty Alenquer from Discus Hans (Stendker).

IMG_9350.jpg

I would say that you're pretty good at both photography & keeping discus. Congrats.

Registered Member

Thank You Sir - I appreciate it. What you are seeing here are the success stories. I have not begun to share the tribulations that I've gone through. In the end however, both hobbies are very fulfilling.

Registered Member

A Snow White Albino. A little out of focus, but I like the color contrast.

IMG_9355.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very cool shots. We have a photography section in case you didn't know:
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...6-Photo-Centre

Additionally, we have a camera journey challenge going on here:
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...mera-s-Journey

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Naz

Do not kid yourself, you take some awesome pictures of your nice looking fish.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

Rick - I checked out the photography section - Very nice. Lots of really good knowledge there. I signed up to test drive a Pentax

Thanks for directing me there.

Registered Member

Akili:

Thank you sir, I very much appreciate your kind words, though I have to tell you, there are some pretty nice fish and some pretty nice pictures floating (swimming) around this site. I would consider myself but a beginner in this neighborhood.

Registered Member

Golden Albino - Chicago Discus

IMG_9392.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast