AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: American Greed

Real Name
    Jim

Cool American Greed

Shot a scene last Monday for the TV show American Greed. Not sure yet when it'll be on TV but I suspect it won't be too long from now ... shot it at a pancake house and had a great breakfast while we were doing the scene. I play a lawyer out to get a sleazy con man lol

It's on CNBC but I'm not sure what night or time yet
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Default Re: American Greed

I love that show, I watched season 1-6. I just can't believe people would do despicable things for the sake of money and most of them are really smart people.

They did a test not too long ago, and it showed many rich people on wallstreet are genuine Sociopaths. Often those that succeed in high finance, are
    those that have no guilt or remorse for their actions, much like serial killers. Messed up, but true.

Cosmo, congrats on the role!

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Never seen the show but will ook to see if I can find it.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Naz

Jim Congrats on the role! very soon Hollywood bound!
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Ricardo

Here I thought the thread may be a time-bomb. Turns out, its a TV show! Will look out for this one too Jim

May I ask, as someone living in Chicago, as an actor, does Hollywood or NY call out to you as far as acting is concerned, or is Chicago a big contender in this business as well to make the call to the "acting" zones less tantalizing?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Here I thought the thread may be a time-bomb. Turns out, its a TV show! Will look out for this one too Jim

May I ask, as someone living in Chicago, as an actor, does Hollywood or NY call out to you as far as acting is concerned, or is Chicago a big contender in this business as well to make the call to the "acting" zones less tantalizing?
    There is a great deal of work for Actors in Chicago both on camera and theater, though the vast majority of the "stars" that are in each episode of a program are cast through Los Angeles. In episodic TV shows Chicago actors are normally cast only for "utility" roles (like mine, which enabled the Alderman to shut down Casey in Fire) with the best chance of making big money being cast as a national spokesperson in a commercial (hasn't happened yet lol) From what I've been told by someone who I think should know there are very few Chicago Actors that work steadily enough to make good enough money to live off that income alone. New York is where the big money is in theater, Los Angeles for film and TV. Neither have called my agent yet hahahaha

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    There is a great deal of work for Actors in Chicago both on camera and theater, though the vast majority of the "stars" that are in each episode of a program are cast through Los Angeles. In episodic TV shows Chicago actors are normally cast only for "utility" roles (like mine, which enabled the Alderman to shut down Casey in Fire) with the best chance of making big money being cast as a national spokesperson in a commercial (hasn't happened yet lol) From what I've been told by someone who I think should know there are very few Chicago Actors that work steadily enough to make good enough money to live off that income alone. New York is where the big money is in theater, Los Angeles for film and TV. Neither have called my agent yet hahahaha
    Don't fret Jim, it can happen! If you had the choice (theoretically), which would you choose, NY (heavier in to theater) or Hollywood (Film & TV)?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Jim

Don't fret Jim, it can happen! If you had the choice (theoretically), which would you choose, NY (heavier in to theater) or Hollywood (Film & TV)?
    Being the greedy ******* that I am, I'd go with LA, more money in film than theater lol

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Being the greedy ******* that I am, I'd go with LA, more money in film than theater lol
    lol. You'd fit right at home in LA!

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Jim

lol. You'd fit right at home in LA!
    Lived there for almost 18 years ... not a great place to live unless you have a LOT of money lol ... New York, more expensive yet the theater pays much less .. a no brainer really lol unless you're a purist, not a greedy ******* like me

Stay where you are. You are getting parts. You aren't going in cold without a resume. You are good. They'll use you when you fit the role.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Stay where you are. You are getting parts. You aren't going in cold without a resume. You are good. They'll use you when you fit the role.
    lol, I have no intention of going anywhere .. at least for a few years and it will probably not be either NY or LA. I was merely responding to a hypothetical question my dear