AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 34g rimless waterfall tank

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Default Re: 34g rimless waterfall tank

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    nice. where did you get them from? I was just at the local LFS and this one in particular has some gorgeous corals. Super cheap prices too. I saw a huge RBTA for $29.99. I was like, "I would SO buy that...if my tank was set up" lol
    I ordered them from Vivid Aquariums out your way. I spoke to Dave the owner and he is going to pick out a nice selection for me. They had the fairest prices and I have heard good things about that store.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    I ordered them from Vivid Aquariums out your way. I spoke to Dave the owner and he is going to pick out a nice selection for me. They had the fairest prices and I have heard good things about that store.
    lol, I actually know Dave. I have photographed his aquarium which I believe I have posted here on the forum. He is such a cool guy. It was unfortunate that he had almost a complete wipe out a month or 2 ago due to power outages in our area.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Wow thats crazy, I found him on youtube and liked his personality and after talking to him I trusted him. I will be doing more business with him his prices are fair and selection is good.

Real Name
    Ricardo

He was willing to give me some of his Yellow Bali Hammer but i had no tank to put it in

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Get that tank wet! lol

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    Get that tank wet! lol
    i really need to, lol. By now you might know that I can be a procrastinator if I am not 100% satisfied with my build. that is exactly what is going on. That, and the fact that I am overthinking this build.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

The anemones came in this morning and all arrived alive. I dripped them for a hour and a half and put them in the tank with all the power heads off and return pump on low. Here is a picture a few hours after they were put in. Not the best but they had a long trip and I turned the light down to 50% to let them adjust. I took a short video of the clowns already hosting the green nem on the left. More pictures to come in the following days.
    image.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very cool

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Little picture update, thinks are going well. I bought a Hanna phosphate checker and get .02 reedings and my CA is 370 Mag 1040 and Dkh 6.4 Nitrate 0.00 Amonia 0.00 on a Redsea pro kit. So all is going well. Nems eat one meal of raw shrimp per week. The clowns aggression has dropped by 50% since adding the Nems.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

That looks amazing Devon! Love the Bubble tips. Those in combination with the Rock Nems will be really beautiful.

I also ordered from Vivid Aquariums in the past. One thing he sent me was a Brain Coral that was supposed to be a small frag. The piece he sent me was huge at least four or five inches long and three inches wide. It is doing amazingly well.

Your numbers look great. It took me a long time to get there. I finally got a dosing pump and my tank is finally in the zone. This is a fun thread to follow. Something very different from my reef.

Your pictures look great as well. Can't wait to see the Rock Nems!

Ricardo, I know you have an incredible selection of corals out there that are really affordable. You need to get that tank going for us East Coasters...
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Matt

This is an awesome tank! Can't wait to see those Nems grow in more.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    That looks amazing Devon! Love the Bubble tips. Those in combination with the Rock Nems will be really beautiful.

I also ordered from Vivid Aquariums in the past. One thing he sent me was a Brain Coral that was supposed to be a small frag. The piece he sent me was huge at least four or five inches long and three inches wide. It is doing amazingly well.

Your numbers look great. It took me a long time to get there. I finally got a dosing pump and my tank is finally in the zone. This is a fun thread to follow. Something very different from my reef.

Your pictures look great as well. Can't wait to see the Rock Nems!

Ricardo, I know you have an incredible selection of corals out there that are really affordable. You need to get that tank going for us East Coasters...
    lol, yeah, I'm working on it. My tank has acquired so much dust though, it's not even funny

I know I keep droning on about all of the stuff going on that side tracks the tank builds but we are saving up for 2 back to back vacations coming up at the end of October to Vegas for a week and Thanksgiving week to Lake Tahoe. So...a lot of saving going on and nothing going towards the SW tank

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

I feel the same way Ricardo lol. I think i've priced out an upgrade for mine about 3 times now. Have another quote into Reef Savvy but they are still recovering from hurricane so it could be a while. Just got bit by the bug again recently, going to at the very least tear mine down and do a deep clean to try and get the algae and nutrients from neglect under control. Tear out a lot of the old dying/dead corals and get some new sticks. Would be nice to upgrade in the process but it would be at least a few months wait time before I could find and acquire the tank I want. Also going to tackle cable management and hopefully build a nice controller mount/display because when I look at my mess of cables behind the tank and around the Apex it instantly stresses me out.

So if anyone knows a place where I can get a 24-30" (possibly 36) long tank setup peninsula style that is no more than 20" wide that is rimless and also that can be shipped to me or close enough to be picked up please let me know lol.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Well not much of an update but I added a Vortech mp10wqd I got for free lol My buddy shut down his SW tank and gave me a 29g biocube with all the accessories and one of them was the vortech! Also got a extra Tunze ato still in the box. Needless to say I got a super deal. I think I am going to have to get him and his wife a gift card for somewhere to say thanks. Another thing that happened with the tank I ended up killing 3 nems, I believe I A: Turned up the Radion to high to soon, B: I screwed with the salinity to much or C: lack of experience with nems. SO I have the others and they are just not the same anymore not sure what the issues is but I figured just leave the tank alone and see if stability will help. The fish on the other hand are doing remarkable and the tanks looks great the white bottom is almost 100% covered in purple coraline fuge and the kessil make a tone of chato. But still vary sad about the nems the tank has never looked so good. Now it looks empty without all the color.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910