Thread: 34g rimless waterfall tank

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Default Re: 34g rimless waterfall tank

Little video of feeding time

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

One more piece of the needed equipment arived, Watched tons of reviews and after all the discussions and feedback I went with the Tunze. I like that it has 2 sensors one optical and one mechanical as a backup to shut the system down. It also shuts off after 10 minutes of pump time. Easy to hook up and is of good quality. I think I will see an improvement in stability, and not have to top off daily.
    TUNZE.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

It is an industry leader. My controller has inputs for float valves, but before I got the controller, i was really looking in to this one. I have a jbj one, but don't think I can trust it too much.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Little update, my shrimp and hermit crab have settled in. Crab found himself a nice little cave to hang out in and my cleaner shrimp scavenges around the tank doing shrimp things I guess lol.
    SHRIMP.jpgCRAB.jpg

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

5 month update, Fish are great they have grown so much in 5 months. The dry rock is doing great, coloring up and gaining life. The tank is good equipment is doing its job. I haven't lost one of the 12 and there are no nipped fins or aggression at this point. I plan on adding some RBTA's soon maybe in a month or so. I have lost a few shrimp though. As for as the starboard goes it is good it cleans pretty easy but some times its hard to get off in tight spots. Over all no issues or complaints.
    harem1.jpgharem2.jpgharem3.jpgharem4.jpgharem5.jpg

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Real Name
    Ricardo

Looking really good Devon!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Thanks, I keep checking your homestead for updates on your sw build, you need to get that thing salty!

Real Name
    Phil

Really cool devon! Love seeing a big group like that!

Hows your child like it?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    Thanks, I keep checking your homestead for updates on your sw build, you need to get that thing salty!
    Yeah, tell me about it. Unfortunately, I don't see that thing going anywhere for a while. Any extra cash has been ear-marked for my wife and I's vow renewal for next year. Seeing as we have to pay for roughly 20 people to fly out to Mexico to join us and have a full on ceremony, money may be tight for the next year or so, lol.

I'm not sure if I can justify to my wife that we needed to have a little side money for the SW tank, lol.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Ya I hear you on that, Tank builds always are last on the priority list when you have a family. I'm glad I got the bulk of the builds out of the way before we had the baby.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Really cool devon! Love seeing a big group like that!

Hows your child like it?
    Loves it ! I hold her and she sticks her hand in and lets the fish peck at her fingers. She will sit in her car seat and start at them till she falls asleep.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Sad day for the harem, I came home last night and found one of the clowns laying on the bottom breathing heavy. I moved him to a hospital tank and monitored but to no success he died throughout the night. Tank parameters were good and no other fish seem to be affected. Not sure why he perished but just to be safe I will be doing a large water change tonight. This is the first loss for the tank and not knowing why is frustrating, Seeing that I got the fish at only a few weeks old and had great success. I know some people say they are just fish but when you lose one it hurts. Well on a postive note I will be going to the frag farmer's market this weekend with my wife and daughter which will be fun.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    Sad day for the harem, I came home last night and found one of the clowns laying on the bottom breathing heavy. I moved him to a hospital tank and monitored but to no success he died throughout the night. Tank parameters were good and no other fish seem to be affected. Not sure why he perished but just to be safe I will be doing a large water change tonight. This is the first loss for the tank and not knowing why is frustrating, Seeing that I got the fish at only a few weeks old and had great success. I know some people say they are just fish but when you lose one it hurts. Well on a postive note I will be going to the frag farmer's market this weekend with my wife and daughter which will be fun.
    They are probably starting to get aggressive towards one another? He probably got bullied.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

That is a possibility, he showed no signs of damage on fins and same goes for the others. I feed them heavy and they all still school together for the most part. I know there are mixed reviews on harem tank success. There is more aggression in the discus tank than the harem tanks lol. I am going to observe and see what happens in the next few days.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast