AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 34g rimless waterfall tank

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Default 34g rimless waterfall tank

Well I picked up a deep sea aquatics 34g starfire rimless tank measuring 24"x24"x12". It has two over flows and a waterfall return. Tank came with 30g all glass sump, skimmer, and 2 mag drive pumps. Going to paint the stand gloss white and swap over my 10g Nano tank in a few months. Getting g it run with some vinigar for now. This is going to be a interesting build and it all cost $175 !!! I couldn't believe I found it.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: 34g rimless waterfall tank

Cool looking tank Devon

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Naz

Looking forward to when it is all done.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Ya my wife has been wanting to get my 10g nano out of our room, so she said a tank in the nursery would look nice so I have been on the scope for a nice tank, had my mine set on the JBJ Rl45 but priced at $600 id figure I'd look around for a few months. So wile scouring Cl I came across some nice rimless tanks, some all in one some not but they all didn't have the stands and I didn't want to make one. So I found this one and the guy didn't post a price so I texted him and he got back to be the next morning. Guess he bought it to do another build but figured out he just didn't have enough room to set it up next to his 120g so he had it around for a few months. Guess it came with a ecotech radion and fish and corals so he kept all that and just sold the tank.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

cool, what are you plans? planted?
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

The dark side Jacklyn, I am going to expand my nano reef into this tank for our nursery.

Real Name
    Phil

Really cool Devon! Sounds like a good deal!

Cant wait to see it all done! Nice feature for a nursery! Who needs a white noise machine when you have that thing humming! Going to be one relaxed baby!

Real Name
    Matt

Yes! This will be awesome for a shallow lagoon type build! Have you seen the famous Volcano tank before? Pretty cool design incorporating a type of waterfall return. He actually has crabs living on the rock above and below the water too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OxBzg2el4

Google Lagoon Aquariums and you'll see multiple tanks with rock and mangrove sticking out of the top. Not sure if it's what you want to go for but a pretty cool idea for tanks like this.

Can't wait for the day I can upgrade my nano reef lol
    -Matt

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Yes I want to do terrestrial setup with mangroves. The crabs is a awesome idea, I'll watch the video but this tank has loads of potential. I have wanted a rimless tank like this for years.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Tagging along. I am towards the mid point of my current nano reef build. The stand is what is going to take the longest to make since I OVER think everything when it comes to the stand.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Yes! This will be awesome for a shallow lagoon type build! Have you seen the famous Volcano tank before? Pretty cool design incorporating a type of waterfall return. He actually has crabs living on the rock above and below the water too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OxBzg2el4

Google Lagoon Aquariums and you'll see multiple tanks with rock and mangrove sticking out of the top. Not sure if it's what you want to go for but a pretty cool idea for tanks like this.

Can't wait for the day I can upgrade my nano reef lol
    That is a amazing tank, The crabs were the best part. I'll have to get a bunch or emerald crabs and see if they like to get out of the water.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

I ordered the white starboard for the bottom, and I'm in process of refinishing the stand in white lacquer. Next I will order the reef saver dry rock from BRS.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    I ordered the white starboard for the bottom, and I'm in process of refinishing the stand in white lacquer. Next I will order the reef saver dry rock from BRS.
    I was thinking of going with that same rock from BRS

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Ya Rick, I watched BRS's videos about the rock and really like the idea on clean, pest free rock. Makes a nice start. The only things in the tank are what I put in it. I plan on a nice long cycle and curing of the rock. I watched and it looks pretty easy to scape, blends well. The Starboard should be here Thursday so Ill have the stand finished and the tank set-up so I can start the plumbing.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Have you used starboard before? Many have not favored it in recent years because of the build of algae and not being able to scrape it off. I am going BB with my build but painting the bottom with sand textured paint. Not quite the same but still better than straight BB. Please take pics of it with the journey camera

Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast