AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: evolving 180g

Default Re: evolving 180g

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
    wow are they ever cheap! thats exactly what i needed here. im def gonna pick one up.

heck i could even keep using this heater of doom with one of those lol but dont worry i wont cuz im scared it will explode since it also looks like there is some water inside of this heater
    Lol @ heater of doom.

Im loving the inkbird it is a great device for the price. I used a couple digital thermometers to calibrate the temp probe. After that it was set and forget. I also love the bright display. I pop open cabinet door and there is temp nice and bright and easy to read

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

i lost another heater on my 210gal, looks like the controller on the jbj true temp titanium malfunctioned. its been a bad month for heaters. luckily there were 5 days left on the 1 year warranty so jbjlighting.com is sending a replacement controller. and the local pet store is replacing the marineland heater. cant complain. except maybe about snails. ive got these tiny little buggers everywhere in the discus tank, some kind of mini-snail species that only grows a few millimeters in length. they get in the filter and look terrible in the sand. been battling them for a while and am almost ready to copper the tank.

Ponds snails became a plague in my tank. I tired the lettuce trick, pulled hundreds out a night.. I gave up and got assassin snails. They took care of it and I like the look of the assassin that remain

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

its prob not the best method but i ended up dosing copper and all the snails dropped to the floor of the tank. did a huge wc and cleaned the tank real well and removed the dead snails... not sure whether the copper got 100% of the snails but it sure was effective and i havent seen a single one since. strong stuff, didnt even need a full copper dose...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

got my inkbird in the mail, great little device! I removed 5 kuhlii loaches and the last misc loach. i love the look of the sand but its so much dirtier than BB and i still have little discus in the tank so ive removed the sand for now.

i

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
    got my inkbird in the mail, great little device! I removed 5 kuhlii loaches and the last misc loach. i love the look of the sand but its so much dirtier than BB and i still have little discus in the tank so ive removed the sand for now.

i
    Looks great Kyla. Love that red eagle. I wanted one so bad but Kenny sells them out so fast

Is that a huge heckel cross way in the back?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

yah its a blue moon heckel. i loved it, but i put it down just before christmas because something real weird was going on with it. half its body went black on just one side, and it swam like it was drunk?? i let it stumble around for a while but it completely stopped eating and was losing weight so i pulled out the Aquased and let it go

looking forward to 2017. i sold the last of my other fish tanks... the 210gal went to a guy with a baby croc! (i think he's gonna need an upgrade soon) so now i can devote more time to these discus. i miss all the other tanks but i am loving having just the discus. they are getting 50-80% wc every 1-2 days (finally) with aged, aerated, heated water. they've never looked happier. hope i can keep it up... kind of scared to see how this affects the water bill.

*now* is when i should be purchasing my first discus... so i could do things the right way from the start. if i had gotten my act together long ago when it really mattered i wouldnt have stunted my little guys so badly. they r beyond hope for reaching even close to their potential now. moving forward, its a good leason learned.

Last edited by Kyla; 01-07-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Loving the new Aquatic Life Edge LED light. It turns on/off slowly over 2 hrs so there's no more spooking at lights-on. Also set up the new Eheim auto feeder (filled with loose FDBW), so the fish can have meals while im at work. it works awesome! wish I woulda gotten one a long time ago!

Real Name
    Jacklyn

fish look great under the new light kyla. it especially makes the blues look electric don't it.
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

yah its a great light! the colour is not as "yellow" as the Marineland Double Bright LED and it really gives the blue and whites a shimmer, u can see in the pic below the difference on the fish and the whole tank + background

Left side = old light
    Right side = new light

Registered Member
    Real Name
    DatDiscusDude

Gorgeous, what a difference... From drab and dreary to pretty and clear!!

Registered Member

is that a glass container you use to grow the vallisneria?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234