AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 huge Anubias mother plants---shipping or pick up Gainesville FL

Registered Member

Default 2 huge Anubias mother plants---shipping or pick up Gainesville FL

Two huge Anubias mother plants. I have kept them for several years. They keep flowering every a couple months.

Over 12" long with a lots of leaves and several small rhizomes.

$25 each plus shipping or local pick up
    IMG_0922[1].jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    Last edited by wencui; 07-15-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Default Re: 2 huge Anubias mother plants---shipping or pick up Gainesville FL

Forgive an ignorant question, but I don't suppose they come with the driftwood they have attached to? If so I would pay more.

Good plants.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacklyn

beautiful plants, you are getting a great deal Liz, as I am sure you know. OP you are giving a great bargain to someone, kudos to you. Liz if you don't snatch these up I may. Although im on a nana petite kick right now but these look really good.
    ~JACKLYN~

If he is selling them on the drift wood I will pay more for then. He has not responded to the thread yet.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacklyn

I am amazed that there is no spot algae at all on them, very clean plants.
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Forgive an ignorant question, but I don't suppose they come with the driftwood they have attached to? If so I would pay more.

Good plants.
    I can have the wood attached. I am not sure if the shipping would cost more or not.

I want the plants attached to the wood. I'll pm you now. shipping mostly depends on the size of the box.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    I am amazed that there is no spot algae at all on them, very clean plants.
    Algae does grow over the time. I use 1:20 of bleach to water to get rid of it.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

What strain of anubias is that?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    What strain of anubias is that?
    It is regular Nana

Registered Member

are they still avaliable. if show i will take both

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    are they still avaliable. if show i will take both
    Sold to Liz. I am sorry.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by wencui View Post
    Algae does grow over the time. I use 1:20 of bleach to water to get rid of it.
    I didnt know about bleach n plant.. Can u explain your process?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bc chick View Post
    I didnt know about bleach n plant.. Can u explain your process?
    Get regular household cleaning bleach. Mix the solution as 1 bleach to 20 water. Dip the plants infected by algae into the solution for 1 minute or less depending on how delicate the plants are.

It is super effective for getting rid of Black Beard Algae. You can also use this method to disinfect new plants.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by wencui View Post
    Get regular household cleaning bleach. Mix the solution as 1 bleach to 20 water. Dip the plants infected by algae into the solution for 1 minute or less depending on how delicate the plants are.

It is super effective for getting rid of Black Beard Algae. You can also use this method to disinfect new plants.
    Great idea! For years i never rinsed plants before putting in my tank, just not knowing better. Never had a problem. Then a couple months ago i came home with a batch of plants and a few weeks later i had a explosion of ramshorns and a few trumpets and one teenie weenie blue mystery snail (i think). For about a weeki turned into a snail warrior. Throughout the night everytime id get up id zap on the lights and kill all the suckers i could find. Left the mystery snail hes cute. I still find one or two rams every morning and feed them to my angel. I see the odd couple trumpets when doing wc. Lesson learned i will always rinse off first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast