AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Getting back into discus after 10 years

Registered Member

Default Getting back into discus after 10 years

Thoughts on discus from Vietnam ? I don't want to grow any out and want 7 plus inch fish and was told by a wholesaler they can get them through a Vietnam breeder .. How's the quality compared to Malaysia ? I was thinking about ordering through Keeny but he sells out so fast I've missed the boat the last 2 months on his jumbo's.. Thanks

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Getting back into discus after 10 years

I have no idea about wholesalers from different countries... I can't help you there as I have only ordered from our sponsors here...

That being said, if you know what you want, size you want, strain, etc. there are many sponsors here who can easily accommodate you...The best thing to do so you don't miss out is to reach out to them, for instance get to kenny now for may and get to the front of the list. Say hey I want 10 7 inch plus jumbos can you get me them and then put a deposit down. That way your place is secured and you are good to go, no missing the boat that way...

Real Name
    Naz

Quote Originally Posted by nolefan View Post
    Thoughts on discus from Vietnam ? I don't want to grow any out and want 7 plus inch fish and was told by a wholesaler they can get them through a Vietnam breeder .. How's the quality compared to Malaysia ? I was thinking about ordering through Keeny but he sells out so fast I've missed the boat the last 2 months on his jumbo's.. Thanks
    Discus coming from Van Discus( one of the sponsors here)are from Mr. Hoang Watabe Discus ( Ho Chi Minh,Vietnam) and Mr. Jackson Keong (Malaysia).As you might be aware that all of the sponsors on this site are vetted and hand selected by Al the owner of this site for quality and customer service. If get these fish you will happy.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    I have no idea about wholesalers from different countries... I can't help you there as I have only ordered from our sponsors here...

That being said, if you know what you want, size you want, strain, etc. there are many sponsors here who can easily accommodate you...The best thing to do so you don't miss out is to reach out to them, for instance get to kenny now for may and get to the front of the list. Say hey I want 10 7 inch plus jumbos can you get me them and then put a deposit down. That way your place is secured and you are good to go, no missing the boat that way...
    Kenny doesn't do that its first come first serve whom ever calls and pays first already asked about prepay and he said he doesn't do that .He would be my first choice

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    Discus coming from Van Discus( one of the sponsors here)are from Mr. Hoang Watabe Discus ( Ho Chi Minh,Vietnam) and Mr. Jackson Keong (Malaysia).As you might be aware that all of the sponsors on this site are vetted and hand selected by Al the owner of this site for quality and customer service. If get these fish you will happy.
    thanks for the info will look into it

Real Name
    Phil

Really? Kenny doesn't do this? Hmmm, always thought he did...

I have a hard time believing if you say hey Kenny here is $1000 I want 7 of X he would not take the $ and make sure you get what you need...

Kenny is a great businessman and superior w/customer service, give him a call or send him an email I can guarantee he will go out of his way for you

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Really? Kenny doesn't do this? Hmmm, always thought he did...

I have a hard time believing if you say hey Kenny here is $1000 I want 7 of X he would not take the $ and make sure you get what you need...

Kenny is a great businessman and superior w/customer service, give him a call or send him an email I can guarantee he will go out of his way for you
    In the past, when I have asked Kenny to give me a heads up on a certain strain or price, he has.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    In the past, when I have asked Kenny to give me a heads up on a certain strain or price, he has.
    I know what you guys are saying I have the emails from him stating he does not do that I even offered to prepay he just told me when the list is posted call him with CC and first come first serve .. I asked because on a few of his fish it said pre order.. No biggie I just received 8 very large discus today from Atlanta and hopefully can get a few from Kenny in the future..

Real Name
    Ricardo

I know what you guys are saying I have the emails from him stating he does not do that I even offered to prepay he just told me when the list is posted call him with CC and first come first serve .. I asked because on a few of his fish it said pre order.. No biggie I just received 8 very large discus today from Atlanta and hopefully can get a few from Kenny in the future..
    No need to include the emails, if that is what he said, then that is what he said. With that said, Kenny has an announcement email blast that you can join so that you are one of the first to know when the order comes in so you can call him right away.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    No need to include the emails, if that is what he said, then that is what he said. With that said, Kenny has an announcement email blast that you can join so that you are one of the first to know when the order comes in so you can call him right away.
    No worries I will eventually get some nice big discus from him .. Maybe next shipment .. And yes I'm on his email blast .. Looking all his discus is one of the main reasons I wanted to get back into the hobby ..

Real Name
    Ricardo

No worries I will eventually get some nice big discus from him .. Maybe next shipment .. And yes I'm on his email blast .. Looking all his discus is one of the main reasons I wanted to get back into the hobby ..
    yeah, no kidding. When I was out of the hobby I would drop in and see his monthly shipments. For a long time I kept telling myself I wouldn't check out the monthly shipment. Now he brings in so many different strains, it is hard not to like so many of them!

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Phil

What did you get in already?? What was your order? From Atlanta a breeder or a non sponsor ?

Now you will have to qt if you get from Kenny...

If I were you I would have went all from Kenny or all from this breeder but that's just me. Would love to see pics and get more info.