ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Harry Potter Universal Studios Hollywood

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Harry Potter Universal Studios Hollywood

I have been a Harry Potter fan since the very first book. Needless to say, when they announced that they would open a H.P. park here in Hollywood (15 minutes from my house), I knew I wanted to be there opening day. My brother was kind enough to give me a daily pass on opening day as a birthday gift. He also ended up going with me since he is a somewhat fan, lol.

Anyways, I had an absolute blast and it allowed me to be a kid again. I took some pictures but it rained a good portion of the day and the sky was absolutely horrid which didn't lend itself well for nice pictures. The park opened at 6:30am and I was there till about 5pm. It rained for a good 4 hours of that time while waiting in line, lol.

On to the pics I liked best:

You can't go to the Harry Potter park and not buy a wand...

The ones with the map inserts are "interactive wands" where you can go to locations across the "H.P.world" and do spells.

Interactive wand insert map by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Not sure if there are enough wands to choose from:
    Ollivanders by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr
    This room was very difficult to shoot in because it was so dark and the lighting was terrible! That was the best I could do.

Marauders Map by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

As you can tell, wands play a very big role here lol
    Ollivanders Wand Box by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

As far as sight seeing, we have Hagrid's Hut
    Hagrid's Hut by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Hogwarts entry way:
    Hogwarts entrance by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Hogwarts itself:
    Hogwarts by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

And a little more thought out shot of Hogwarts. I doubt many would actually get a shot like this, I was literally hugging a huge pillar, had to go wide at 24mm and had the camera up arms fully outstretched with the LCD tilting down.
    Hogwarts / Hogsmeade intersection by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Another one I actually gave thought to. Funny story, while making line, I took a shot similar to this but not with the castle in the background. People were moving forward in the line and I had to move. I was pretty muffed about that but then decided to come back later. Fortunately (or unfortunately, however you want to see it), it was raining later and the line got much shorter which allowed me to go to that area and really get a shot I liked. This is what I came out with:
    Weasley Family Car, Hogwarts background by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Last one, nothing to do with H.P., but as you are leaving Universal, you see this huge dome piece in Universal City Walk and I thought it made a great abstract
    Abstract by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Harry Potter Universal Studios Hollywood

Nice Ricardo. I have yet to do to see the Harry Potter attraction here in Florida. It is always packed Did they have the white dragon?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Nice Ricardo. I have yet to do to see the Harry Potter attraction here in Florida. It is always packed Did they have the white dragon?
    Pat
    Nope, no white dragon. However, I didn't stay till the night time and there may have been? I was pretty beat at 5pm, lol.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hi Ricardo. You and my wife would get on well. She is a huge Harry Potter fan, and has a room here at home dedicated to Harry Potter memorabilia. Our first visit to America about 5 years ago was purely to visit Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. We did the ride about 5 times, and even though l'm not a fun thoroughly enjoyed it.
    We recently did a trip to China and Japan, and she found out that there was a Harry Potter world at Universal Studios at Osaka Japan. The line for the main ride was over 4 hours long...thank goodness we had already experienced it. I must say , even though the props where the same at both parks l liked the feel of the one in Orlando much better. We will be back to America some time soon and sure to visit Harry Potter world at Hollywood...we were there a few years back and l really liked the Transformers part. Thanks for sharing your experience.

1-DSCN1414.jpg
    Last edited by two utes; 05-20-2016 at 02:34 AM.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Ricardo

Thanks for sharing! Great seeing another fan enjoying the HP world

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Nice pictures! I need to go back, I went literally right after they opened in 2010. I know they've added some stuff since.
    -Matt

Registered Member

Loved the ride sucks the fast pass was not good for that ride ..loved the pics

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Andrej Markovic

This looks awesome!! It is something i would love to go and do with the misses!!