ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: tail rot?

Registered Member

Default tail rot?

my juvenile blue diamonds have tail rot. can see ends of bones. i bought them yesterday. what do i do?

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: tail rot?

Quote Originally Posted by janekds View Post
    my juvenile blue diamonds have tail rot. can see ends of bones. i bought them yesterday. what do i do?
    Why would you buy fish that are in bad shape? you are not going to like the answers you going to get.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

i had no choice. it was my brothers birthday and my dad took him to choose whatever he wanted. unfortunately it was this.

Real Name
    Naz

Quote Originally Posted by janekds View Post
    i had no choice. it was my brothers birthday and my dad took him to choose whatever he wanted. unfortunately it was this.
    If it was my choice I would cull them. In your case keep them in a separate tank( a 20 gallon will fine)Do 100% water changes Daily using clean water, preferably aged and preheated.Use salt at 1 tablespoons per 10 gallons.Next treat them with Furan 2 or KanaPlex by Seachem.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"