ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I got the blues!

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: I got the blues!

I have to say that I can't believe these fish are $45 a pop... Really nice for that kinda $...

People always say or post hear LFS prices that are highway robbery. To be able to get some wilds for someone who can't break the bank but wants tontrubtheir hand... Very nice.

Registered Member

These eight big, beautiful, wild discus were $432 delivered. I feel very lucky to have them. They get nicer every day. And they do make a mess. I have to guard against changing water too much, but it drives me nuts to see the 'detritus' on the bottom. Very cool fish. Starting to show a lot of aggression. Little Red is a mixer, other guys like to play also.
    Thanks again for the direction on choosing these fish and John/Snook as a supplier, PDubs in particular. I credit the quality of the fish for ninety per cent of the success so far. And wet forearms of course. They are gorgeous fish. I hope to keep them happy for a while.

Registered Member

These guys are really getting a nice shape and beautiful coloration. I was trying to get a couple pics, but they are very skittish tonight. There was a fair amount of activity in the room the last couple days and it really made them jumpy. Can't even walk across the room and they go and hide. They are not real fond of water changes either. I lose them for a half an hour behind a piece of driftwood. I need to leave them alone as much as possible for a while. They were coming up for food, but now when I get near the tank, zoom, they are gone into hiding. They are very healthy and are eating like a pack of wolves, but they have gotten scardey cat like the last couple days, I hope they mellow out so I don't have to walk on eggshells all the time. There was too much going on I think. I had to move stuff in and about the tank the last couple days and it put them off. They don't like me anymore. Stupid fish. I think I'm a pretty nice guy. I'm not worried, I'm sure they will come along. Sound familiar to anyone? Any tips on getting them to mellow out. I was wearing a pink, let's call it magenta, shirt yesterday, and they didn't seem to appreciate the bright color in front of the tank. They were sight almost unseen for quite a bit after that. Any thoughts are always appreciated.
    Last edited by William1; 06-02-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234