AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Painting bare bottom tank

Registered Member

Default Painting bare bottom tank

Should the bottom be painted the same color of the back glass? I plan to paint the back of the tank light blue. One side of the tank will be a couple of inches from a wall. Should that side glass be painted? This is my first time setting up a bare bottom tank. Any imput for other options would be appreciated.

Registered Member

Default Re: Painting bare bottom tank

The color of the bottom should be a lighter color than the background IMO. I painted mine a textured off white color. A piece of advice, after you paint the first color (white) let it dry. Once dry paint a darker color over it so no light gets through. I did a dark brown over the white. Some people on this site paint the sides white, its really up to you. Its up to you what color to paint the back. Light blue is good and looks clean. However make sure you really like it though because once you paint it theres no going back. There are light blue backgrounds you can buy as well.

Registered Member

Default Re: Painting bare bottom tank

Quote Originally Posted by Braydon00 View Post
    The color of the bottom should be a lighter color than the background IMO. I painted mine a textured off white color. A piece of advice, after you paint the first color (white) let it dry. Once dry paint a darker color over it so no light gets through. I did a dark brown over the white. Some people on this site paint the sides white, its really up to you. Its up to you what color to paint the back. Light blue is good and looks clean. However make sure you really like it though because once you paint it theres no going back. There are light blue backgrounds you can buy as well.
    OK thanks good tip with bottom . I will paint the side closest to the wall but plan on leaving the opposite side clear for viewing the tank