AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OT - Rickztah's Low Iron 22g SW Tank Update 11/28

Default Re: OT - Rickztah's Low Iron 22g SW Tank Update 11/28

Very well thought out! Clean design and the custom build provides perfect room for all of that equipment! Some very lucky fish are waiting for you out there. Can't wait to see it stocked! Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    I would put your build on the scale of 11 out of 10 Ricardo. Well thought out but way to complicated for me.
    Pat yourself on the back my friend.

...Ralph
    I will not disagree with you there. I have spent the last 3 hours working on wiring and had to take a break but it got frustrating. I hate running wiring

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Wiring this was not fun. I was not happy the way everything ended up. I wanted a cleaner side panel but the truth is I just simply didn't have enough space. I will get zip ties and such but the wires will be visible to an extent

Oh well. Can't have everything your way. Wiring the dosing pumps and the ATO was not fun at all, but the worst of all was the power wire for the RA relay. It took me close to 30 minutes to run one wire. I had to stop in the middle of the wiring because I got so frustrated lol. In the end I got it though. I didn't buy enough of the low profile extension cords. Still need 4 more but I may just buy all 8.

I never imagined that I would use up more than one relay but as it stands, this is what I have plugged in:

Main Relay
    1-Return Pump (Main)
    2-Heater (Not yet purchased)
    3-Light fixture
    4-Calcium doser
    5-Skimmer
    6-Alkalinity Doser
    7-ATO
    8-Sump Lights

Second Relay
    1-Chiller (not wired as I do not know the location of it yet)
    2-Return pump #2 for chiller
    3-MP20
    4-ORP

Wired 22g by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567