AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Nissan GT-R photoshoot

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Nissan GT-R photoshoot

Had a chance to finally do a shoot with my buddies GT-R.

Here are some stand outs:

DSC08550 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08555 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08595 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08639 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08648 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08664 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Not sure how I feel about this since I don't often do desat:
    DSC08687 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

I did not plan for this helicopter to be in the shot, but hey, when life hands you lemons....
    DSC08728 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08736 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08695 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC08656 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr
    Last edited by rickztahone; 05-14-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Nissan GT-R photoshoot

One more:
    DSC08570 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr
    Last edited by rickztahone; 05-14-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Phil

Wow these came out amazing !!! Realy impressive looking car, backgrounds and photography!

Real Name
    Matt

I have to look at them on the computer but they look great on my phone. Deserted roads or what? Just non busy areas? I need to shoot my car still.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    I have to look at them on the computer but they look great on my phone. Deserted roads or what? Just non busy areas? I need to shoot my car still.
    We were up at 630am and I guess we're up before everyone else. The ones under the bridge were the toughest to get to because police had a whole lot of streets closed. We ended up getting in through a "closed road" side street lol. Anything for the shot

If you go out and shoot your car I suggest at least 1 assistant. I wouldn't have done it without mine and u used my friend (car owner ) as well.

Some shots had two modifiers hanging above

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Wow these came out amazing !!! Realy impressive looking car, backgrounds and photography!
    Thx Phil. We had a blast in this one. The rolling shot was the first I've ever done like that

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ralph

Very impressive photo shoot Ricardo. My favorite is the black/white building background with the car that poops out.
    Glad to see no graffiti has made it onto the spectacular paint job.
    for your photos
    to your buddies car

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Matt

Did you do the suction cup/pole then PP edit trick for that last one? Looking on the computer, yep these look nice. Ricardo I'm gonna need to hire you to come build me a SW tank and shoot my car LOL

Has he launched you in that thing yet? GTR is a nasty beast, faster off the line than some super cars like Ferraris, Lambos, Mclaren etc. Sub 3sec 0-60...whew! That'll put you in the back of the seat.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Did you do the suction cup/pole then PP edit trick for that last one? Looking on the computer, yep these look nice. Ricardo I'm gonna need to hire you to come build me a SW tank and shoot my car LOL

Has he launched you in that thing yet? GTR is a nasty beast, faster off the line than some super cars like Ferraris, Lambos, Mclaren etc. Sub 3sec 0-60...whew! That'll put you in the back of the seat.
    No trick on that last pic. Simply hung out the passenger seat of my car while my assistant drove and I had the camera hanging out the window while I extended my arms. I had a ground shot as well but preferred this one.

I drove in his car and he did a sick launch under the bridge that put me up against the seat lol. Beast of a car. He posted that video on his IG

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

I just realized I didn't post this one. This location wasn't the greatest, and we were supposed to go to the LA river right after this shot, but we couldn't. However, I wanted to take this shot because there is a nice Easter Egg in it. Can anyone see it?
    DSC08661 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Super nice photos Ricardo and this car is to die for.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Matt

The tires match the sign?
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

The tires match the sign?
    Yeah, it just so happens that is like a 10yr abandoned factory for Michelin. When I took the first shot, that was a distraction in my review, but then I looked up and saw the sign and said, "now that is perfect!". So many things came together for this shoot.

One that I was heartbroken to miss was with this shot:
    DSC08595 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Whilst I was taking this shot, a train actually happens to start passing by. I immediately start slowing my shutter down, stopping down and lowering my iso from 100 to expanded 50. I yelled at my assistant to go to the trunk of my car and get my tripod. We had finished with the tripod at this location. He runs to the car which is a good distance away and gets the tripod, as he gets close to me the tail end of the train passes by. Real shame. I got down to 1/6 shutter speed hand held and it was actually still sharp, but the shot just wasn't as I wanted it so it got scraped. Real shame too.

Cafepress.com