AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Game of Thrones (Spoiler Warning!!)

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: OT - Game of Thrones (May have spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Just watched the newest episode, it leaked early online. I won't spoil it yet but wow!
    Yesterday's episode was definitely a savory one. That makes 2 Direwolves that are dead on the show that still roam freely in the GOT book realm though. Poor Summer.

"Hold the Door!" Just wow...

Everyone, make sure that when you finish watching the episode to wait until after the credits. There is always behind the scenes commentary that is really juicy and sets up the following week.

Additionally, if you don't happen to follow Charlie on Youtube (Emergency Awesome), you should definitely start watching. He breaks down episodes fully and has a great grasp of the books.

Check out the latest episode breakdown by him:

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Sry, I couldn't help but include this meme floating around:
    Hodor.jpg

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I am still trying to wrap my head around the implications of last night. The time travel paradox is nothing I have ever thought about.
    And Sansa, how big was the seed of doubt that Middlefinger... I mean Littlefinger planted? Why wouldn't she tell Jon the truth??

Real Name
    Matt

It's important to note that now that Bran has been touched by the Night's King, if Bran crosses the wall back into the south the Night's King and his Wights can follow. DUN DUN DUN. Anyone else hope Benjen Stark comes to Bran and Meera's rescue? He's been north of the wall for some time with no trace of him, perhaps he'll come out of the frostfangs and save Bran and Meera. Yes another wolf dead I feel like since the show doesn't have all of the kids being wargs that they've minimized the role the wolves play. So them killing them off is not as big in the show as it would be in the book. Very cool to see the Children made the White Walkers, who were they using them to protect themselves from and how did it go bad?

If the show keeps flip flopping like it currently is, that would set us up for a Bran/Jon/Sansa/Ramsey finale, the happenings in the north. Maybe the WW invasion south of the wall? Or maybe just the battle for Winterfell? Next week via the preview it's going to jump back to the Kings Landing storyline and we are unlikely to see much of the Bran/Jon/Sansa story. Next week do we see the High Sparrow killed or another walk of atonement?

I always get the feeling Littlefinger is up to something. Like he is setting a trap for Sansa? He get's her excited to go align with her kin's army I just can't help but feel like it's almost bait. Sansa is naive enough to believe him. Littlefinger is always in it for himself, always has been. This move somehow benefits him. She doesn't tell Jon because everyone knows Littlefinger can't be trusted, it's why she meets him in Mole's Town.
    -Matt

Registered Member

I also think Jon telling Ed, "not to knock it down" is a great piece of foreshadowing. It's so perfect the wall will come down with Ed as Lord Commander.

Real Name
    Matt

As the 999th Lord Commander too lol. Couldn't make 1000....at least not right now.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

It's important to note that now that Bran has been touched by the Night's King, if Bran crosses the wall back into the south the Night's King and his Wights can follow. DUN DUN DUN. Anyone else hope Benjen Stark comes to Bran and Meera's rescue? He's been north of the wall for some time with no trace of him, perhaps he'll come out of the frostfangs and save Bran and Meera. Yes another wolf dead I feel like since the show doesn't have all of the kids being wargs that they've minimized the role the wolves play. So them killing them off is not as big in the show as it would be in the book. Very cool to see the Children made the White Walkers, who were they using them to protect themselves from and how did it go bad?

If the show keeps flip flopping like it currently is, that would set us up for a Bran/Jon/Sansa/Ramsey finale, the happenings in the north. Maybe the WW invasion south of the wall? Or maybe just the battle for Winterfell? Next week via the preview it's going to jump back to the Kings Landing storyline and we are unlikely to see much of the Bran/Jon/Sansa story. Next week do we see the High Sparrow killed or another walk of atonement?

I always get the feeling Littlefinger is up to something. Like he is setting a trap for Sansa? He get's her excited to go align with her kin's army I just can't help but feel like it's almost bait. Sansa is naive enough to believe him. Littlefinger is always in it for himself, always has been. This move somehow benefits him. She doesn't tell Jon because everyone knows Littlefinger can't be trusted, it's why she meets him in Mole's Town.
    The show was clear on who they needed protection from......HUMANS. They created the first white walker in order to defeated the encroaching humans, which the first white walker was. The Andals were specifically the ones they would be talking about here. Remember Robert's herald? Always includes the Andals in the herald....

The white walkers unfortunately were uncontrollable by the the children of the forest and now have become an even bigger problem than the humans ever were.

Winter is HERE!

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

With the recent reveal of Hodor, it has me thinking about GRRM.

Keep in mind, Hodor was introduced at the very beginning of the series. Did GRRM really have that much forethought about this very specific aspect of this one character that it would be explained until the 6th+ book? Keep in mind, in the books, this is yet to be revealed.

If so, that is some serious back story development and you have to be amazed at how creative GRRM really is if he thinks about all his characters in this manner. Which goes hand in hand as to why he may be taking so long to finish this current book?

Either that or this happened to be a merry coincidence which I personally find hard to believe.

Again, just makes you ponder and think how creative an author can be with his art/craft.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

A while back GRRM revealed this when it wasn't even on a real radar of anyone. And this was in 2014 or 2013. A writer at a con or similar event kept running into GRRM on an elevator and GRRM revealed he'd always wanted to be an elevator operator. The next meeting the writer told GRRM he'd been thinking about that comment and finally figured out why he had a character named Hodor, because it means Hold the Door. GRRM reportedly laughed and said "You don't know how close to the truth you are!" I think it was planned from the start and it will be seen in the upcoming book. The show producers aren't totally out of touch with GRRM afterall, and you can be sure they have met with him on how to proceed before this season took place.

Or if you want to go back to 2008... http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...omment-1236249

Oh also, how weird was it that the play Arya watched was the same events she watched in real life at King's Landing, from about the same viewpoint. Interesting. And doesn't the women who she is supposed to kill play Cersei in the play? She also mentioned the younger actress (who plays Sansa) wants to kill the older actress who plays Cersei. Sansa always seemed a bit envious of Cersei and at one time wanted to be what she was. Playing back on Arya's list? Jaqen specifically sent her on this detail knowing she'd see that and be affected. She isn't no one after all.
    Last edited by Discus-n00b; 05-23-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

A while back GRRM revealed this when it wasn't even on a real radar of anyone. And this was in 2014 or 2013. A writer at a con or similar event kept running into GRRM on an elevator and GRRM revealed he'd always wanted to be an elevator operator. The next meeting the writer told GRRM he'd been thinking about that comment and finally figured out why he had a character named Hodor, because it means Hold the Door. GRRM reportedly laughed and said "You don't know how close to the truth you are!" I think it was planned from the start and it will be seen in the upcoming book. The show producers aren't totally out of touch with GRRM afterall, and you can be sure they have met with him on how to proceed before this season took place.

Or if you want to go back to 2008... http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...omment-1236249

Oh also, how weird was it that the play Arya watched was the same events she watched in real life at King's Landing, from about the same viewpoint. Interesting. And doesn't the women who she is supposed to kill play Cersei in the play? She also mentioned the younger actress (who plays Sansa) wants to kill the older actress who plays Cersei. Sansa always seemed a bit envious of Cersei and at one time wanted to be what she was. Playing back on Arya's list? Jaqen specifically sent her on this detail knowing she'd see that and be affected. She isn't no one after all.
    The only thing I don't get about this is that they are supposed to be across the sea. Why are they doing this play across the sea? Doesn't really make much sense to me?

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

I think it's just one of those things, laugh at the other person. It's like UK or Europe laughing at American politics/Donald Trump/etc type of thing. Maybe plays are a way to spread news across kingdoms.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

I think it's just one of those things, laugh at the other person. It's like UK or Europe laughing at American politics/Donald Trump/etc type of thing. Maybe plays are a way to spread news across kingdoms.
    I suppose so. It just seems do disjointed to me. I need Aryas plot to move at a faster pace.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

There has been talk (pure speculation and prediction) about Arya refusing to kill the actress, kills The Waif after she comes after Arya, and then Arya flees back across the sea to Westeros where she would likely re-enter the fray of larger main characters and plots. If true it should speed up maybe in Episode 7? Of course if she flees they will want to put travel time in the plot so we may not even see more of her much after that with the expectation that she is traveling back to Westeros. She doesn't have Littlefinger's teleporter.

I have a feeling we'll see Sandor Clegane (the Hound) pop up again around episode 7. Which leads us to the "Clegane Bowl".
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Cleaned Bowl! Did you ever think you would utter those two words together? Lol

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I tried watching the show, Given I love fantasy stories, I thought it was a given for me..But I just couldn't get into it. I'm thinking I need to try the book route... I take it ...George R.R. Martin's book series A Song of Ice and Fire (ASOIAF) is what the adaptation for the Game of Thrones came from?

al
    Al
    What you have to do is a WatchTon free on demand . It took us the wife and I about five days of course we were hook from the first chapters of the first season.
    everything works fine now we can't wait till next Sunday to watch the current season.
    Julian.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast