AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: OT - Game of Thrones (Spoiler Warning!!)

Real Name
    Rick

Default Re: OT - Game of Thrones (Spoiler Warning!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    What do you expect Rick when they cut multiple episodes from the season compared to seasons past lol. Kind of frustrating tbh. They are trying to pack more into less for whatever reason.

Yeah Ricardo that kind of bothered me how fast that raven got there, though it was a day or so was it not since they slept on the rock? Not sure. I loved the dragon going down, the amounts of blood spilling out was pretty shocking. I knew a dragon would go down, this was foretold. I guess an Ice Dragon theory is now correct.
    1400 Miles from Dragonstone to the wall, Gendry runs a 26 mile marathon, then a raven flies 1400 miles one way, and then the dragons fly back 1400 miles, all in 36 hours? I mean, come on man!

Not to mention where did the NK get those chains? Ace hardware of the North?

Did scuba wights dive in to attach those chains to the dragon? If they could do this, why was the ice breaking and them falling in at the beginning of the fight scene a cause for delay (had to wait for the lake to freeze.

Why not just have Dany and her dragons already at the wall, and the dragon crash on land? It would have made it so much more believable, and not subtracted from the episode in the least.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I am pretty much a novice GOT fan and have not read the books. I binge watched the first six seasons due to pressure from my daughter and became hooked. I will admit to having a super difficult time to keeping track of the nuances of every detail. There seems to be no good way to do that if you only rely on the shows as your only source of information.

But I agree they are definitely rushing the end. I wish that was not happening. Does a discredit all the way around.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I am pretty much a novice GOT fan and have not read the books. I binge watched the first six seasons due to pressure from my daughter and became hooked. I will admit to having a super difficult time to keeping track of the nuances of every detail. There seems to be no good way to do that if you only rely on the shows as your only source of information.

But I agree they are definitely rushing the end. I wish that was not happening. Does a discredit all the way around.
    Pat
    I didn't read the books either, but I binged the "Wiki of Fire and Ice" which is a wikipedia style encyclopedia of the GoT story and characters, both from the books and show. It is very concise and has all the links embedded to satisfy your curiosity. Reading through it really helped me understand some of the finer points.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post
    I didn't read the books either, but I binged the "Wiki of Fire and Ice" which is a wikipedia style encyclopedia of the GoT story and characters, both from the books and show. It is very concise and has all the links embedded to satisfy your curiosity. Reading through it really helped me understand some of the finer points.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page
    Thanks Eric, I will give that a read.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Rick

Pat
    Binge watching is the BEST! I did the same thing for the first 4 seasons, been hooked ever since. Writing has gone down hill since they ran out of published material from GRRM, but the special effects budget and production value has gone up.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Matt

Sure time is a little funky, but it's always been that way. They set the precedent early with Littlefinger teleporting all around the 7 kingdoms each episode. A few holes now are nothing to truly worry over. The chains were a bit strange, don't think the wildlings would even have those for the WWs to take. I think pulling the dragon up was more for dramatic effect and most people missed the origins of the chains. The dragon in icy cold water just plays up the ice dragon theory more than it just hitting the ground. Didn't some Wights reach up from the water and grab Tormund's legs and try and drag him in? I have to go back and watch.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    Binge watching is the BEST! I did the same thing for the first 4 seasons, been hooked ever since. Writing has gone down hill since they ran out of published material from GRRM, but the special effects budget and production value has gone up.
    +1

Sure time is a little funky, but it's always been that way. They set the precedent early with Littlefinger teleporting all around the 7 kingdoms each episode. A few holes now are nothing to truly worry over. The chains were a bit strange, don't think the wildlings would even have those for the WWs to take. I think pulling the dragon up was more for dramatic effect and most people missed the origins of the chains. The dragon in icy cold water just plays up the ice dragon theory more than it just hitting the ground. Didn't some Wights reach up from the water and grab Tormund's legs and try and drag him in? I have to go back and watch.
    I believe they got the chains from Hard Home.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Ohhhhh good call Ricardo.

I think the writers should of had Bran send an urgent message to Daenerys on the previous episode without telling the audience what it's about. It would of solved the continuity issue and demonstrate his power.

Registered Member

Pat
    Even in the books it is very difficult to keep track of everything. I've read the books 4 times and the fourth time i found stuff that I had forgotten. Martin does a good job of following things to there logical conclusion, based on the logic of the world hes writing in, which is part of the reason why there is so much information. 2 great examples are Bronn and Brianne both of which were supposed to be minor characters but grew to be major players due to the need to supply information that followed them to there logical conclusion. Likewise, the original intention was for the entire series to cover close to 12 years equally spaced between each chapter, however, that failed also since the amount of time per chapter, including leading actions to major events, would leave the story lines out of place between each character. Then he tried to implement a 5 year pause to the story which failed also, since it didn't make sense that events paused for 5 years while everyone got a little older. If he treated this series like a typical fantasy series it would be much shorter and much worse. imo

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    1400 Miles from Dragonstone to the wall, Gendry runs a 26 mile marathon, then a raven flies 1400 miles one way, and then the dragons fly back 1400 miles, all in 36 hours? I mean, come on man!

Not to mention where did the NK get those chains? Ace hardware of the North?

Did scuba wights dive in to attach those chains to the dragon? If they could do this, why was the ice breaking and them falling in at the beginning of the fight scene a cause for delay (had to wait for the lake to freeze.

Why not just have Dany and her dragons already at the wall, and the dragon crash on land? It would have made it so much more believable, and not subtracted from the episode in the least.
    If the NK can throw a spear into a flying dragon hard enough to pierce his scales why didn't he pick off Jon's group when they were standing on the island?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Dalfan039 View Post
    If the NK can throw a spear into a flying dragon hard enough to pierce his scales why didn't he pick off Jon's group when they were standing on the island?

I know, I know!

The theory is...The NK was baiting for the dragons to come to the rescue so that they could in turn kill 1/2/3 of them to make their army that much more powerful.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

What an episode, whew! Tons going on. Guess we know who the 3rd Dragon Rider is (assuming Jon rides one too). How come the Ice Dragon is cooler than the others? Will Viserion stop growing now that he is dead? Will the other two grow into next season and be able to take him on easier? Viserion looked so much faster now too. So happy Littlefinger met his fate and Arya was his fate. Cleganebowl might happen finally. Also Bran dropping bombs, about to blow it open next season. Wish he had more of a role this season though. I thought Bran narrating the revel of Jon as a Targaryen was excellent and somehow on some level I now find myself ok with the thought of it all being a Bran vision where he recounts everything that happened with a voice over....

Bran this season - "I'm sorry for all that's happened to you, and I'm sorry its happened here in our home. It was so beautiful that night. Snow falling, just like now. And you were so beautiful, in your white wedding dress."
    Bran next season - "I watched you come out of the womb Aegon."

I still want to know the connection between Bran and the Nightking. Or the three eyed raven and the Nightking. Anyone buy into the Bran = Nightking theories?
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

What an episode, whew! Tons going on. Guess we know who the 3rd Dragon Rider is (assuming Jon rides one too). How come the Ice Dragon is cooler than the others? Will Viserion stop growing now that he is dead? Will the other two grow into next season and be able to take him on easier? Viserion looked so much faster now too. So happy Littlefinger met his fate and Arya was his fate. Cleganebowl might happen finally. Also Bran dropping bombs, about to blow it open next season. Wish he had more of a role this season though. I thought Bran narrating the revel of Jon as a Targaryen was excellent and somehow on some level I now find myself ok with the thought of it all being a Bran vision where he recounts everything that happened with a voice over....

Bran this season - "I'm sorry for all that's happened to you, and I'm sorry its happened here in our home. It was so beautiful that night. Snow falling, just like now. And you were so beautiful, in your white wedding dress."
    Bran next season - "I watched you come out of the womb Aegon."

I still want to know the connection between Bran and the Nightking. Or the three eyed raven and the Nightking. Anyone buy into the Bran = Nightking theories?
    I don't, it wouldn't make sense IMHO.

I loved Sam's reply when Bran told him he was the 3 eyed Rave, lol.

This season was not up go GOT scratch to me. It felt like a filler and the writing seemed aimless at times. All I feel we learned was that Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually legitimately married...and little finger died. Other than that, there really wasn't anything else that we learned.

Well maybe I'm missing one thing, we did find out that WW can be killed by killing one of the lieutenants of the NK...oh, and Dragons can be turned just like everything else.

I kind of have a sour taste in my mouth about it.

I'd much rather wait for George to release the book and get my full enjoyment.
    Last edited by rickztahone; 08-29-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Eric

I thought it was a brilliant episode and I was captivated by every second. I liked how the episode was structured, giving the audience so much in terms of reunions, first time meetings, and rare justice (Littlefinger), but ended the whole thing with a big reminder that none of that matters.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast