AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nightmare at the airport

Default Re: A nightmare at the airport

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    ditto. Would love to see pics. I would put in a complaint against customs. I know that probably no one cares there at the airport but if enough people do it, maybe someone will notice how stupid they can be?
    I would have if I knew it would make any difference, besides I don't even want to go to that place sgain. but as liz said it's not the best thing to do, they are one big family. Not that they can directly do anything, but if i ever need to go there again ... You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Since were on the customs subject and sorry Argentum for going off topic but this is the one reason why I'm not attempting to bring any of my Wilds to Nada for show.
    I spoke to both US and Can borders about permits and all they say is fill out the online documents and submit them and you will get an answer. With my luck, I drive 4 hrs. to the border just to find out that someone mis-informed me from customs and have to drive back or they destroy fish. Not worth it

...Ralph
    Exactly what happened, everyone gives you different information that he is 100% sure is true... And we get lost in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Allwin View Post
    Nevertheless gorgeous wilds, keep us posted when they retain their colors back.
    Thanks Allwin, will do for sure. I can't wait myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Such a shame. April said that importing fish to Canada was a pain. Yet she could drive across the border, pick them up in the States and drive back to Canada with no problem. Go figure. I didn't know that is was so hard to ship from Canada to the States. After all, aren't our countries best buddies?
    The problem is whoever writes these laws and regulations do it with businesses in mind, never considering the hobbyists. With a few exceptions here and there.

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Such a shame. April said that importing fish to Canada was a pain. Yet she could drive across the border, pick them up in the States and drive back to Canada with no problem. Go figure. I didn't know that is was so hard to ship from Canada to the States. After all, aren't our countries best buddies?
    I think the laws have changed since then Liz. The species name Discus cannot be mentioned from what I hear. However the permit that is required under the category Finfish that needs to be checked off is Symphysodon Discus. Like I said the online documents are very confusing.
    I used the name Symphysodon Aequifasciatus when I won a group years ago here on SD and crossed ok but it is not on the pick list now.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12