ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hello

Registered Member

Default Hello

Hi all I'm new to the world of Discus keeping. How new you might ask? So new I don't have any discus fish yet I think the fish are absolutely beautiful and I am in the process of setting up my first Discus tank. This brings me to my first question. Does anybody in Ga breed and sell Discus? I am having no luck finding anybody local. The only place I can find them is the LFS and I would like to avoid that if I can.

Thank for any information,
    Patrick

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Default Re: Hello

Well, Eric at Carolina discus is in charlotte NC, not too awful far, still far. But he just had a pretty big catastrophe at his place and has no fish for sell right now. Most people buy from the big guys like hans or any of the sponsors here, and have them shipped. Its a way better option than getting from your LFS.
    ~JACKLYN~

Welcome to Simply!! I'll send you a couple guys emails in PM that may have some available. Not many good choices at lfs in Ga. If you don't find a local breeder then I would go with one of the sponsors here on Simply and have them shipped to you. The difference in quality will be worth the shipping price.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Ryan

I love what I've purchased from Kenny Cheung @kennys discus. I would suggest him.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Welcome to Simply!! I'll send you a couple guys emails in PM that may have some available. Not many good choices at lfs in Ga. If you don't find a local breeder then I would go with one of the sponsors here on Simply and have them shipped to you. The difference in quality will be worth the shipping price.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome! And Larry thank you for the info.