ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 180g - Planted Discus Tank

Default Re: 180g - Planted Discus Tank

Looks like it would take whole lot of that oak leaf tea to do anything noticeable hehe. Added at least quarter gallon of it and the tank just barely has a hint of brownish color in the water. Mostly noticeable if I look through the side panel of the tank over the 6 feet length.
    Michael
    Current tanks: 150g - Discus / Planted setting up...
    Old tanks: 180g - Discus / Planted, 180g - SPS Coral, 120g - Discus, 125g+120g SPS Coral, 125g Oscars

Real Name
    Jacklyn

that's why most of us just use the rooibos tea. did your manzanita not do any on its own?
    ~JACKLYN~

I'm sure it did something, but I do have a lot of water volume and weekly water changes drain a decent chunk of it out, so whatever it changed color wise was rather small.

As far as rooibos, it's possible it would be more potent, although the tea I made with oak leaves is pretty dark as well. But when you dilute even a full gallon of that in like 250 gallons of aquarium water it does not do much
    Michael
    Old tanks: 180g - Discus / Planted, 180g - SPS Coral, 120g - Discus, 125g+120g SPS Coral, 125g Oscars

Discus have arrived yesterday. Everything seems fine, although they do seem rather dumb lol.

Yet to see them eat anything. Maybe an odd one pecks at a flake of food falling in front of its face, and even then I have to shut everything off and dust beef heart over the top of them. Hopefully they will soon figure out it's food heh.

Cories and plecos, even at their tiny size, have no problem finding 2-3 pellets that fall into the tank every few hours on the other hand Smarter fish !
    Michael

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by raidendex View Post
    Discus have arrived yesterday. Everything seems fine, although they do seem rather dumb lol.

Yet to see them eat anything. Maybe an odd one pecks at a flake of food falling in front of its face, and even then I have to shut everything off and dust beef heart over the top of them. Hopefully they will soon figure out it's food heh.

Cories and plecos, even at their tiny size, have no problem finding 2-3 pellets that fall into the tank every few hours on the other hand Smarter fish !
    did you ask hans what he fed these fish? I doubt it was flake or pellet. he probably fed them FDBW cubes stuck to the glass. do you have any FDBW?
    ~JACKLYN~

I haven't, but it's possible it was that. However I wouldn't want to continue with it, so now is a good time as any to teach them to eat what they will always eat from now on ;P
    Michael

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by raidendex View Post
    I haven't, but it's possible it was that. However I wouldn't want to continue with it, so now is a good time as any to teach them to eat what they will always eat from now on ;P
    why would you not want to continue with freeze dried black worm cubes? its what the majority of us on here feed our discus. many people feed FDBW only.
    ~JACKLYN~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234