ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Fire Red Discus.

Registered Member

Default Pure Fire Red Discus.

Has anyone seen or heard of a pure fire red discus, I mean completely Red... Reddish color not orange red.

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Pure Fire Red Discus.

Not sure exactly what you are asking for? Fire red is a strain name of a fish... Typically they are more orange in color.

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? There are some fish that are pretty red/maroon/ deep reds like the ruby sapphire or San merah etc...

Registered Member

Exactly like the title say Pure fire red discus. The color red just like your username. I understand that Fire red is a strain name. Just like you said "Typically they are more orange in color." still doesn't mean that they are Pure red. I also understand what you are saying red/maroon/ deep reds like the ruby sapphire or San merah etc... Those look more like brown red to me rather than pure red. The reason that I ask because I have an opportunity to import a proven breeding pair of those Pure red into the USA for a chunk $$$$$$$. I have been asking around and no one has ever seen one. Thought I will ask on SD. Somewhere someone might have seen one. I have been around the discus hobby and breeding discus for a long time. But thanks Phillydubs for your input.
    red discus.JPG

Ps: the attach color is the actual skin color of the actual discus.
    Last edited by Exotic-Discus; 06-25-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Real Name
    Phil

Ever see that hugely popular thing what color is the dress...?

I can read your title and that's why I responded the way I did because pure fire red to some may be this red or that red. I even get that you posted your red but again everyone sees color differently.

Would be nice to see the pic you speak of and know the history behind it....?

Seeing a block of pixilated red doesn't do much... For me at least. I'd be concerned about who has them and how they got that way... Aka additives.

Have you seen the red faced golden melons from forest/kenny? Not strictly red but dark orange... the fiamma rossa from kenny is the reddest one ive seen.

Real Name
    Phil

Very nice... I'll take 7...

Registered Member

I agree with you. It is very nice, I talked to various professional breeder in Asia and they tell me that it is a strain that been around a year or so. As you know the professional breeder does not like to go into details. But the fish will be here in the USA in 2 weeks. I got 2 proven pair on its way to me. I do not sell retail. I sell only wholesale. Since it is new strain I just ask around first.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

I have seen this color many times most from lighting and color enhancers. There are very red solid discus that are in the discus market that don't have the color enhancers that this guy does that are very attractive.......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Registered Member

Thanks for the input Josie. From what I know only one professional Breeder in Asia got whole punch and every one trying to get their hands on one proven pair. The German, The Malaysian Breeder, but I do not know the result. I am paying a premium for these 2 proven pair coming to me in 2 weeks. I want to see them out of the water to see the actual natural color. I even have video but cannot post on the internet as part of the agreement I have with the Breeding Farm in Asia.
    This guy is completely red. The whole body, the circle around the eye. When I first saw him, it was like WOW.
    Last edited by Exotic-Discus; 06-25-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Real Name
    Phil

Will be very interesting to see... Hope to hear from you in two weeks and see picture and video from your own personal perspective.

Registered Member

Maybe Christmas will come early this year Phil.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic-Discus View Post
    Thanks for the input Josie. From what I know only one professional Breeder in Asia got whole punch and every one trying to get their hands on one proven pair. The German, The Malaysian Breeder, but I do not know the result. I am paying a premium for these 2 proven pair coming to me in 2 weeks. I want to see them out of the water to see the actual natural color. I even have video but cannot post on the internet as part of the agreement I have with the Breeding Farm in Asia.
    This guy is completely red. The whole body, the circle around the eye. When I first saw him, it was like WOW.
    It will be interesting to see them up close and how they breed
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Registered Member

They do breed true, because i got videos of juvies from 2.5 to 4 inches. That is why I am willing to pay the premium.

Registered Member

Count me in for a purchase! Some beauty there..

Real Name
    Phil

Like I said 7 please! Hahah you have my order now!

Good luck !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast