ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom 3d background discus project

Registered Member

Default Custom 3d background discus project

Well this is my first fish project other than setting up a brand new tank. Picked up a hundred gallon tank last night. It was a saltwater tank so I'm converting it over. I scrubbed it out and am soaking with bleach today. Its going to take about 4weeks for my background to come in. In the mean time i am focusing on the fish/bedroom/woman cave room. Have to drain current tank and move it to another wall to make room. I'll be starting this tomorrow as i need the tank to house current fish and water while i move things around. I will have about a foot of extra space. Just enough to get inbehind the tank. lol....pushin it! bigger is better. Will have to remove tv from wall and move to another wall. The tank came with a stand just frame made from two by fours so I'll be working on that in the next little while. Skirting it with wood and painting it although I have no clue how to do this. Yoo-hoo Mr ex-husband LOL

Registered Member

Default Re: Custom 3d background discus project

Ill post pics when i figure out how

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    You can post pictures directly from your computer (or your cell phone) to this site, without using photobucket (or some other hosting site) using the insert image button from above the "Quick Reply" text box.
    Attachment 86768
    Just click on that button and then click on the "From Computer" tab and hit select file button. Then you will need to find the picture on your computer. If you are using a android cell phone the process is the same. Most digital cameras and cell phones keep their pictures in a folder labeled "DCIM"
    I just pulled this from another thread...

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Its telling me im not allowed upload failed. Is it my size? Do you know how i can tell how big it is? Im on a android

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Bc chick View Post
    Its telling me im not allowed upload failed. Is it my size? Do you know how i can tell how big it is? Im on a android
    Most likely it is the size of the file. We have a limit of 2MBs. I do not know how to tell you the size on an android. You might consider emailing to yourself and posting from a computer were you could determine size and resise or crop from there.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Well thats very disappointing. I dont have computer

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

I'm being stubborn and still don't have one of those thumb-operated smart phones so I can't be sure, but I think there are apps for that, called image resizers.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

The phone might have a native app that can do that. The iphone has edit functions which are available when viewing a picture.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Ok one thing i want everyone to know up front about me....i always have the luck. My pic is 2.1mb lol

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJW View Post
    I'm being stubborn and still don't have one of those thumb-operated smart phones so I can't be sure, but I think there are apps for that, called image resizers.
    I was very subborn as well. Went from a flip phone t OK a galaxy....all i can say is wow lol. Ok lets try this....opps pic is now smaller but went from jpeg to pn....something lol i forgot. Im getting closer. New suggestion?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    I just pulled this from another thread...

...Ralph
    Sent your way

Registered Member

Well got the new tank downstairs. Tomorrow im gonna siphone my old tank into the new tank house my fish in there while i move their tank to its new spot. Then i can siphone part of their water back. Hope this is a good plan.
    Took my 13 shots to figure out sizing of pic. Heres the tank im moving
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Altum Nut; 06-29-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Well, you figured out the picture portion of it! Way to go.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Bc chick View Post
    I was very subborn as well. Went from a flip phone t OK a galaxy....all i can say is wow lol. Ok lets try this....opps pic is now smaller but went from jpeg to pn....something lol i forgot. Im getting closer. New suggestion?
    This is the photo posted for Bc chick

"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Everyday is a adventure. So yesterday i siphoned old tank into new put fish in and moved old tank into place. Well....siphoning it all back UP into the tank wasn't so easy so I went out to buy a pump. Well we're having thunderstorms out here really bad and everybody seems to be out of pumps the only find pump I could find was at the pet store so I paid $95 because I didn't know what I was doing and bought one that only has an output so I can't use it as a suction her. Oh well lesson learned there. Today I had to move stuff around to make room for the new tank in a light bulb fell off the shelf and wouldn't you know right into the new tank that had an inch of water and the bulb into millions of pieces. Needless to say I have to wash the whole tank out again. Time to work on the stand tomorrow. One week down 3 to go until the background comes in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast