ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Custom 3d background discus project

Registered Member

Default Re: Custom 3d background discus project

after reading the white poop thread, i notice his poop is sticking to sponge filter. nothing sticks to mine. i wonder if this is because im doing daily changes or maybe my pump isnt strong enough.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJW View Post
    Yes, the bio needs to get stronger. If you use a cup and skim the uneaten food off the surface about 1/2 hour after feeding, the water will stay cleaner and it should help with cloudiness.
    yes i fed just before wc and usually remove what floats to top. the remainder sticks to glass as water level goes down then i wipe the glass to remove it. thinking im gonna go get a stronger pump

I use a hydro farm air pump for my airstone. Quietest pump I have used and love the large adjustment knob. They come in a variety of different number of outlets.

I use the 2 outlet one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002J...FIL&ref=plSrch

Registered Member

So I got it up all on the stand looks good set up the fx6 and I was not happy with my output. Not enough flow getting through the background. Plus I never thought the holes through very well I drilled them pointing down thinking I wanted to hide them but not thinking that the flow would just be going down. Having a good output is more important than hiding my intake and outtake behind the background so I gave up on that moved everything to the front got some great flow going. So thats it. the adventure is over.
    And for my new adventure.....

https://youtu.be/kLNww4ItfEU

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234