AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMPORTANT Travel tip from Chicago airport to the show site

Default Re: IMPORTANT Travel tip from Chicago airport to the show site

Uber is an option. Likely the cheaper option.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Sorry, guess I'm too old to have thought of Uber as an option.

What John said, all 3 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    We could have gotten a hotel that offered a airport shuttle but they started at about $200 a night and then went up....LOL.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. It is getting close and I am getting excited.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Thx for the info Keith. I will be in Thursday afternoon but will be using one of the options you provided above.

Is there Uber in Chicago? I ask because my brother plans on doing a lot of travelling and he was weighing the option to either rent a car or simply take bus/sub(?).
    Yes,when I drop off my crane for repairs they have a uber account and it takes me back to my shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

I feel much better knowing that this was not an oversight but a matter of affordability. The club isn't rich and neither are most of us.

Still, it should have been made clear sooner so folks who expected the normal thing would have known in advance. Better late than never, though.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Ricardo

Cool, Uber it is for me, more than likely

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Steve

I knew my suggestion would be behind the times. If i can give anyone a lift, send me a PM.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I feel much better knowing that this was not an oversight but a matter of affordability. The club isn't rich and neither are most of us.

Still, it should have been made clear sooner so folks who expected the normal thing would have known in advance. Better late than never, though.
    Strictly speaking for myself - it was definitely something that was a concern and discussed way back about the time step 1 or 2 was being contemplated. 50 steps later when the webpage was being put together etc. and I was thinking about the next 50 steps this never crossed my mind again. Even today I didn't realize we hadn't publicized that fact until the first concern was raised about it. Rookie mistake, hopefully it's my worst. Sorry about that.

Forgiven.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Willie

The last time I was at O'Hare, they did not allow Uber to service the airport. That was about 4 months ago, so I don't know if anything has changed. If you haven't been here before, Chicago is a huge and Lombard is a pretty big suburb in its own right.

Willie

Real Name
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    The last time I was at O'Hare, they did not allow Uber to service the airport. That was about 4 months ago, so I don't know if anything has changed. If you haven't been here before, Chicago is a huge and Lombard is a pretty big suburb in its own right.

Willie
    http://www.uberpartnerschicago.com/airports/
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No reflection on you Wes -thanks for the info, but that is one of the most complicated set of instructions to obtain Uber usage that I have ever read. How the hell is anyone who has ever had to land at O'Hare for the first time and obtain transport with Uber supposed to figure that out ?
    And how much money is that hassle going to save me ?

Forgive me, but I'm out - I'll try & find a suburban designated cab nearest to the exit from the terminal to take me to the Westin Lombard for whatever more cost it's going to be than Uber.

We have Uber availability @ Vancouver Int'l Airport - a pretty large & busy airport in N.A. (servicing one of the largest cities in N.A.), and connections to get Uber are far easier than what has been described here @ O'Hare.
    Last edited by discuspaul; 07-01-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    No reflection on you Wes -thanks for the info, but that is one of the most complicated set of instructions to obtain Uber usage that I have ever read. How the hell is anyone who has ever had to land at O'Hare for the first time and obtain transport with Uber supposed to figure that out ?
    And how much money is that hassle going to save me ?

Forgive me, but I'm out - I'll try & find a suburban designated cab nearest to the exit from the terminal to take me to the Westin Lombard for whatever more cost it's going to be than Uber.

We have Uber availability @ Vancouver Int'l Airport - a pretty large & busy airport in N.A. (servicing one of the largest cities in N.A.), and connections to get Uber are far easier than what has been described here @ O'Hare.
    The gist I got from that was that Uber has their own designated area "rideshare" where they station. When you confirm your ride order, the next in the cue will be your driver. I think they make it sound more confusing than it actually is.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Wes

Paul that was for the drivers. Just wanted people to see that they pick up at the airports. " All driver - partners are now able to pick up at O'Hare, Midway, McCormick Place, and Navy Pier. "
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    The gist I got from that was that Uber has their own designated area "rideshare" where they station. When you confirm your ride order, the next in the cue will be your driver. I think they make it sound more confusing than it actually is.

Easy to say - but you go ahead Ricardo, and opt for Uber - I'm quite sure my intended approach will be less problematic, at least for me.
    Last edited by discuspaul; 07-01-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Easy to say - but you go ahead Ricardo, and opt for Uber - I'm quite sure my intended approach will be less problematic, at least for me.
    I hear you bud. Good luck, and see you at the show.

Cafepress.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12