ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt's 2016 NADA Show Log

Real Name
    Ryan

Default Re: Matt's 2016 NADA Show Log

Thank you for sharing. Wish I wasnt moving my fish room. Id be there if i wasnt. It looks so Amazing.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Registered Member Carolina discus's Avatar

Thanks so much Matt for doing this....as several mentioned it helps to at least see whats going on ...
    as you post pics could you please list the breeder if its not too much trouble...great to see what is coming into the US
    Regards,
    Eric
    Carolina Discus
    www.carolinadiscus.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Eric, I suspect breeder and owner information will be available after the judging is complete to ensure the judges have no knowledge of the fish.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Phil

When do the sales usually take place? I guess you need to be there to get in on the action??

Real Name
    Matt

I have over 1300 photos from today to go through. At some point tonight I will go through them. It might be late so stay tuned. I'm worn out already! Few good talks already, I believe Al is up on deck next. There are a lot of nice fish here this year, some really impressive ones too. I will try my best to name the owner of the show fish when those photos actually go up but honestly not sure. Might have to let them chime in.

Sales have been going on since they hit the water.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    I have over 1300 photos from today to go through. At some point tonight I will go through them. It might be late so stay tuned. I'm worn out already! Few good talks already, I believe Al is up on deck next. There are a lot of nice fish here this year, some really impressive ones too. I will try my best to name the owner of the show fish when those photos actually go up but honestly not sure. Might have to let them chime in.

Sales have been going on since they hit the water.
    Thanks for doing this...its great! If you could also put some photos with names of the members from here? Would be good to put faces to some of the names. Thanks Again. Joe
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member

Thanks for the pictures! Keep them coming please
    Its me "Prabhu" I am just a little angry these days

As Pat said, the names of the owners are not posted until after the judging takes place. While we strive to be completely impartial as judges we don't want to know who entered the discus prior to our judging them. Those who are here at the show and are interested in buying a particular discus can get the name of the owner from the show room staff so they can discus it directly with them privately. Also keep in mind that Matt is here to enjoy the Show. He does spend a lot of time taking pictures but probably doesn't have the time to do much more than he is already doing.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I am going to echo Larry's post in that as a novice photographer I have a pretty good understanding of the process and time it takes to process photos. Matt takes good photos of all the show fish and processes them all. He then has a very short timeline between the when judging results are ready, find the correct fish and complete the slideshow with the photos of the winners. The slideshow is presented during the dinner banquet.

While I am also wanting to see the pictures Matt is only one guy with a huge job at the show so please give him some breathing room.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Phil

Thanks for reminding us all of that guys and anything Matt posts is just awesome and I am truly thankful he does this and does such a thorough job.

But yes he deserves to enjoy himself just as everyone else who is there and I hope he gets and takes the time to soak it all in rather than give in to us greedy non-attendees

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks guys. I do enjoy it but it is a tall order especially when you are on the fish's timeline waiting for it to turn in the tank or pose just enough for a photo. Not knowing who the winners will be I take photos of ALL of the show fish then pick out the winners after the judges have done their work to be used for show at the banquet. In time I will post most all of the others and the winners tentatively should be up on Saturday evening as soon as the banquet releases. I like to post show fish photos after the final edits are done. I have some quick snaps of them in trying to get out tonight but the actual "official" photos won't be until tomorrow. Plan to post shots of setup and others here soon too.

It's a log of sorts, maybe not real time. I've been enjoying myself at this show much more than the last few, not that they were bad but I've made it more of a note to just meet and chat with folks when I can. So much better in person! Back to the editing desk for a little bit.

Right now it looks like we are sitting at roughly 16GB of photos just of general happenings not including any show fish. Of course some duplicates here and there. I have give or take 960 show fish photos alone that I need to sort through to find the best one from each tank. Lol Before tomorrow evening.
    -Matt

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Thought I'd post some pics from walking around today. Really amazing fish and very nice people. Josh gave a great talk as well (Lake County Discus). Hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes by posting these! Discus 1.jpgDiscus 2.jpgDiscus 3.jpgDiscus 4.jpg

Real Name
    Matt

Setup Day. Sorry about quality, Pat would be better at this stuff. I usually try to stick to fish LOL. These are all very lightly edited dirty photos.

-Matt

Real Name
    Matt

Here are some random photos, covering Thurs and Friday. If you need names shout out a description/photo/shirt color and someone can ID the person.

Beautiful trophies

Just a VERY very small glimpse at what we are looking at. Just 3 of the roughly 108 here.

Couple from me just playing around today

Going to filter a few more showfish pictures to get ahead of the game tomorrow then head to bed.
    -Matt

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Thanks Matt your doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast