ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important Does anyone have an extra box by accident?

Exclamation Important Does anyone have an extra box by accident?

Hi,
    I am missing a box that I had by my area that had 4 trophies packed in it that belong to Peter Low in Singapore. I am making some items for Andy, his friend with him and I agreed to ship those 4 trophies to him with the other items I am making.
    I can't locate that box. It must have been moved or dropped or misplaced or I lost the box.
    Anyway if anyone found it please contact me. I will pay for shipping.
    If I can't locate it, I will make new trophies for Peter to replace those.

Thank you!

Ardan

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Important Does anyone have an extra box by accident?

When we left the hotel Sunday morning, the bellhop asked if a box left outside the lobby belonged to us. It didn't and we advised him to bring it back to the fishroom. Don't know if that's relevant.

Willie

Real Name
    Rick

Everyone,

I have spoken with Peter Loh and the Trophy's are safely back in Singapore.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    Everyone,

I have spoken with Peter Loh and the Trophy's are safely back in Singapore.
    Sorry to say something seems to have been lost in translation, Peter Loh does NOT have his trophies. We're still in search of a misplaced box.
    Last edited by nc0gnet0; 07-12-2016 at 12:13 AM.
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    Sorry to say something seems to have been lost in translation, Peter Loh does NOT have his trophies. We're still in search of a misplaced box.

The confusion was that Peter did indeed have two trophies with him, but Andy left three with Renee. When I asked Peter if he had his trophies he answered yes. I guess the other three belonged to Andy........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Rick

At any Rate, yes, we are missing three trophies that disappeared at the show. Sorry for the confusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Come on guys, check the boxes you hauled home. There weren't that many of us helping pack up.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

I know that we have Hans's trophy's at home. I don't think they are in there because the box was packed and then sealed but I will check it when I get home if you help me remember...LOL. Which classes/places are we missing?

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    I know that we have Hans's trophy's at home. I don't think they are in there because the box was packed and then sealed but I will check it when I get home if you help me remember...LOL. Which classes/places are we missing?

-john
    Hi John,
    I believe my wife says she put 4 in one of my boxes, but we didn't write down which ones. (she is at work and I won't see her until this weekend) I know that Peter won the following trophies. Solid Color Second Place, Albino Second Place, Wild Second Place, Wild Third Place, Open-non pigeon blood Second Place.
    Andy and Peter trophies by Ardan Huck, on Flickr
    This photo was taken right before they gave us the trophies, approx. 1 a.m. Sunday morning. My wife is in the backround boxing up stuff, we have our table covered. I don't know which ones they gave us out of the five he won.

Ardan

I know the fish. I placed all of them in my silly judging thing I do only for myself. The classes were very strong. Second place Albino, Solid, and Wild were so very impressive. The solid class was the most competitive as far as I'm concerned. I had to take an overnight break before I play pretend judged them.

I know that you will make more trophies. I would prefer that you get them back or find them. If someone nipped off with them I would like to meet that ba$tard in person and give him an arse whuppin'. I may be old and I may be small but I am the mama bear. I am fearless.

You have a good heart, Arden. I've known you here on Simply since time began. You ingraved a Discus on my gift bag coffee cup and didn't charge me a cent. I want your missing stuff to be found and returned to you.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Ardan View Post
    Hi John,
    I believe my wife says she put 4 in one of my boxes, but we didn't write down which ones. (she is at work and I won't see her until this weekend) I know that Peter won the following trophies. Solid Color Second Place, Albino Second Place, Wild Second Place, Wild Third Place, Open-non pigeon blood Second Place.
    Andy and Peter trophies by Ardan Huck, on Flickr
    This photo was taken right before they gave us the trophies, approx. 1 a.m. Sunday morning. My wife is in the backround boxing up stuff, we have our table covered. I don't know which ones they gave us out of the five he won.

Ardan
    Peter has his two wild trophy's. What is missing is Andy's Solid Color Second Place, Albino Second Place, Open-non pigeon blood Second Place. These are two fantastic guys that love the hobby so much they flew in from Singapore, and Peter tells me the both of them will be back for 2018.

-Rick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They went though a world of stress with customs. The fish were stuck in bags for over 65 hrs before they tanked them. I was so happy for them when they won. I'm glad that they will be back in 2018.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    They went though a world of stress with customs. The fish were stuck in bags for over 65 hrs before they tanked them. I was so happy for them when they won. I'm glad that they will be back in 2018.
    +1

Super nice guys and very well deserving for such beautiful discus. I couldn't believe some had been in transit for so long because they still looked so good!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    +1

Super nice guys and very well deserving for such beautiful discus. I couldn't believe some had been in transit for so long because they still looked so good!
    Yes, these guys are the best! I was happy to help get their fish in tanks and see them recover so fast, we thought they were dead, but then a bit of movement...... started ripping bags open..... Those fish are some strong animals!
    Yup, If we can't find the trophies, I'll just make new ones.
    Hey Rick, Thanks for the update that Peter has his wild trophies!! That makes it easier.

They sure looked dead in the bags. I kept my distance but I was watching. He only lost one fish and he won awards with some of the others! Amazing.
    Mama Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast