AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Does everyone get the same ads on the side of the screen?

Registered Member

Default Does everyone get the same ads on the side of the screen?

Very buxom women asking if I want to date a rich woman. The worst for me is the one to date Arab women. I am divorced from a Lebanese chick that certainly wasn't rich. She was fairly buxom though. I kind of miss that, but not so much. Does everyone get those ads, I could do without them. Seems odd on a discus fish forum. Just thought I'd ask. Cheers, BK

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Does everyone get the same ads on the side of the screen?

I use Adblock Plus to avoid all that. and it is free
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Very buxom women asking if I want to date a rich woman. The worst for me is the one to date Arab women. I am divorced from a Lebanese chick that certainly wasn't rich. She was fairly buxom though. I kind of miss that, but not so much. Does everyone get those ads, I could do without them. Seems odd on a discus fish forum. Just thought I'd ask. Cheers, BK
    Hi William, Everyone does not see the same ads and the forum has no control over the ad a particular member sees. The ads are chosen by Google based on your viewing history. Thats not to say you visit those sites , but maybe you did a search once on something vaguely related. The best way to get rid of those entirely is to become a Premium Member here. Even at the lowest level of "Silver" at $25 per year those ads are removed. Premium Membership here...

I can prohibit specific websites from being displayed here and I do have a list I can add that one to if you pm me the web address.

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    I use Adblock Plus to avoid all that. and it is free
    When you do that you are taking away funding from this forum. This forum is free to all to use. The ads are one reason why I can do this.

I do not like the running ads on the forum, and tried for years to avoid it. But they are necessary here if everyone is to continue having this forum as the great incredible resource it is.Believe me, if more people would use the donate button or contribute financially to the forum by becoming a Premium Member I would never have turned to ads.

Best always,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Phil

A simple $25 goes a long way around here ... It will get rid of those ads for sure but it also helps this place run...

Think about it William... Without this site , if I recall, you would have ended up with some questionable fish from a questionable source... Instead, well, look in your tank about those beautiful blues you rave about...

If that's not worth $25 I don't know what is....