AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kraig Koontz NADA 2016 Discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Kraig Koontz NADA 2016 Discus

Yep they are nice for sure. If Kraig would had 50 of those barred fish we all would been trying to out bid each other they are that nice. I talked to Kraig also expressed how much I would love to have some.

I was just wondering what you ended up with Larry. You made out like a bandit and it was very nice talking to you at the show.
    Good luck and keep me in mind when you have some to part with.

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Larry,

Your too of kind. The fish look better now than ever. I am so glad you took these guys home. They couldn't be in better hands.

Thank you my friend,
    Kraig
    Kraig

Do you know age of female when it started to show the red?

These photos are interesting in that the side by side highlights the different shape of wild to domestic

Real Name
    Jacklyn

first fish, the turqs with the heckel bar, by crossing them back to a wild heckel, what do you plan to highlight? More bars, more prominent middle bar? Blue face?
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Ralph

Although photos look good Larry...to see them in person was sure a jaw dropper.
    I'm sure you will have some stunning offspring to offer us in the near future.
    I too am a sucker for Turks but more-so these lines coming in from Kraig. I suppose Larry will you have a lock on your Discus Cabin...Just asking
    Sure wish I had the paper work handy to bring a group across the border.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Yep they are nice for sure. If Kraig would had 50 of those barred fish we all would been trying to out bid each other they are that nice. I talked to Kraig also expressed how much I would love to have some.

I was just wondering what you ended up with Larry. You made out like a bandit and it was very nice talking to you at the show.
    Good luck and keep me in mind when you have some to part with.
    I was nice meeting you also. Meeting everyone is without a doubt the highlight of these shows. I can't tell you how fast I hit the paypal button on my phone when I saw the prominent bars, lol.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Come Discus View Post
    Larry,

Your too of kind. The fish look better now than ever. I am so glad you took these guys home. They couldn't be in better hands.

Thank you my friend,
    Kraig
    I'm spending a lot of time watching these guys and they eat like pigs which makes me happy. Just hoping I can follow up with what you started.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    Do you know age of female when it started to show the red?

These photos are interesting in that the side by side highlights the different shape of wild to domestic
    Actually the wild red is the male not female. The female is the Wantanabe and doesn't have great shape but like Kraig I'm interested in her because of the Japanese blood line.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    first fish, the turqs with the heckel bar, by crossing them back to a wild heckel, what do you plan to highlight? More bars, more prominent middle bar? Blue face?
    The hope is to get more to exhibit the prominent 5th bar from the heckle.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Although photos look good Larry...to see them in person was sure a jaw dropper.
    I'm sure you will have some stunning offspring to offer us in the near future.
    I too am a sucker for Turks but more-so these lines coming in from Kraig. I suppose Larry will you have a lock on your Discus Cabin...Just asking
    Sure wish I had the paper work handy to bring a group across the border.

...Ralph
    I can buy a lot of nice fish but have no idea what their lineage is but buying these from Kraig is different.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    The hope is to get more to exhibit the prominent 5th bar from the heckle.
    will you cross them with a blue faced heckel or a normal heckel? Do you already have your wild heckel?
    ~JACKLYN~

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    will you cross them with a blue faced heckel or a normal heckel? Do you already have your wild heckel?
    I do have a heckle that I bought from Mark with the intent to use in a domestic/wild cross. It is a very nice Nhamunda blue face that I hope is a male but these juvies will take another 6 months or so before they are ready to be bred so I don't know if he will be the one. Not so worried about blue face or not since it is the heckle bar that I will be chasing.

Pretty sure I will be getting a few more wilds in from Mark when wild season starts back up again.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Actually the wild red is the male not female. The female is the Wantanabe and doesn't have great shape but like Kraig I'm interested in her because of the Japanese blood line.
    oh i mean, the female, i thought you said the red lines showed up later in its life. i was wondering the age if you knew it.

reason, because i have some snakeskins and they are over a year old now, and it seems the the pattern is still changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    oh i mean, the female, i thought you said the red lines showed up later in its life. i was wondering the age if you knew it.

reason, because i have some snakeskins and they are over a year old now, and it seems the the pattern is still changing.
    Oh, ok. Now I understand, lol. Kraig would have to answer that question but I believe he imported the Wantanabe discus around 4 years ago and he told me it recently started showing the striations so my guess would be at least after it was a couple of years old. My hope is that since it comes from a line of solid Wantanabe discus, it's offspring will include solids and striated discus. Time will tell.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Real Name
    Ricardo

Saw these in persona and am glad they are going to you Larry. You will continue to do right by these. I saw immediately how happy you were to have scored these, and I am happy for you too

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast