ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New owner, new complete setup. Making changes. Need advice and opinions please

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Default Re: New owner, new complete setup. Making changes. Need advice and opinions please

I am also busy to stop with the RO water, building a mechanism that will filter 300 liters of water through carbon and Zeolite. Will also put some filter material, very excited for this. Will post photos as soon as I am done.

The VET only looked at a picture and it was classified as flagellates

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Default Re: New owner, new complete setup. Making changes. Need advice and opinions please

What is allowable TDS levels according to you?

Real Name
    Naz

Quote Originally Posted by Martinus J.v.R View Post
    Hi

Still busy with removing gravel.

But I am also busy to set up another small tank for some young 6 - 7 cm (about 2.5 inches) discus. Just a few short questions...

The tank will be set up with R.O water because the fish will be moved to the large tank when they are big enough, and that tank consists of R.O water.

But I need to know if some external filter will be necessary? Because it will be a BB tank, that will remain clean and will have regular water changes?

Thus is a heater and an air stone sufficient?
    Young 6 - 7 cm (about 2.5 inches) discus do not need to raised in R.O water,Aged Tap water should be fine.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Hi Everyone

Just finished the tank, will post some pictures tonight or tomorrow. I think it came out great and happy that I did the hard work because an the end of September 9 new discus will arrive and will have a lovely home!

Thank you for all the assistance

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Hi

Eventually I am done... Everything is now in order new fish arrived from Malaysia and going strong...

Thank you for all the assistance... Here is a couple of quick pics I took just now.

Martinus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Jacklyn

IMO the discus are not the best looking fish in this tank, the bosemani are the real STUNNERS!!!
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Thanx

The small discus I am sure will grow out very nicely... The are Tony Tan discus and still very young..

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Hi See attached link to my video of my tank.

Thanks all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAlXkWIs7w

Real Name
    Jacklyn

OP what a transformation!!!!!!!!!! The Discus look great and so much bigger. Look how much of a change it made removing all that substrate. Your new set up looks fantastic.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Eric

Wow! I echo Jacklyn's comments, what a great transformation! Beautiful tank!

Real Name
    Jacklyn

bosemani's are no longer king of the tank in this situation
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Martinus

Thanks was a great experience and learned a lot the past year

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234