AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Who knows Photoshop?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Who knows Photoshop?

I finally committed to upgrading to the Adobe CC and for the first time have Photoshop. Tonight I learned how to create fire using layers and pens. If I can get my fire looking good then the next task will be smoke.

Question is if you save a project with one or more layers can you even take the smart object (raw file) back to Lightroom and make changes to it? I am trying to not make changes to the raw file. LR saves the changes you make into a catalog and apply the changes to a jpeg upon export. I do not think Photoshop works that way.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Who knows Photoshop?

Not sure? Never tried it to be honest, I can try some things when I get home and see but not sure. I know photoshop gives you a plethora of saving options when saving work. I don't THINK you can do that, at least CR2 RAW file type back to LR wise. Your best option would be to try like a TIFF format to retain as much info as you can. Or PSD if LR can take PSD formats. Can you not use Photoshop's tools to do any last corrections? Filter/Camera Raw or something like that will get you back to your Camera Raw options, again can check this once I get home.

What you can do is import the Raw file into photoshop and at the Camera Raw menu prompt once you've made your changes via Slider (or before as you can get back to this see above), hold ALT (I think it's ALT I have to double check) when clicking Open image at the bottom and it opens a copy rather than messes with the actual RAW file in your folder.

I'd like to get back into learning some LR.
    -Matt