AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Questionable Fish from Discus Hans

Real Name
    Eric

Default Questionable Fish from Discus Hans

This is the 3"+ Blue Snakeskin discus that I received from Hans. I purchased five discus (4 x 3" and 1 x 4") and I am happy with the other four. I feel this fish is stunted from the eye to body ratio. I also received a 3" Red Snakeskin with an eye 50% smaller. The pictured fish is not the quality one would expect from a premium distributor with premium pricing.

I asked Hans to replace the fish, but he wanted to treat it as a dead arrival and asked me to pay the $75 shipping cost. I shouldn't be out an additional $75 because I was shipped a subpar fish. Shipping a quality fish that dies in transit is one thing, but knowingly (or mistakenly)sending a stunted fish is another, the remedy should not be the same. The initial response to my concerns took two days and his tone was one of being annoyed. He did not spend any time to discuss my concerns or explain to me why the fish was not stunted. There was no expression of regret or admission or a mistake.

The 3" fish were shipped two to a bag despite room in the box to give each their own bag. The fish lost the top quarter of its anal fin to ammonia burns that I feel were exasperated by being doubled bagged. Hans stated that he routinely ships 3 x 3” discus to a bag, which seems to be out of step with other suppliers based on feedback I have received.

I know Hans has a great reputation but I just wanted to share these facts as I am not satisfied with this fish or the outcome and tenor of my interactions with Hans.

IMG_0733.jpg
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 08-31-2016 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Amended to include all details.

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Questionable Fish from Discus Hans

You should really use the use the itrader and livestock review board and also find a way to resolve this dispute with Hans.Post like this is not going to help your cause.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Eric

This is the livestock review board right?

I have no cause, the issue is closed, which is why I am now posting my review.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    You should really use the use the itrader and livestock review board and also find a way to resolve this dispute with Hans.Post like this is not going to help your cause.
    This is the livestock review section so in the correct place.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Naz

Quote Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post
    This is the livestock review board right?

I have no cause, the issue is closed, which is why I am now posting my review.
    My bad .................... yes it is under Livestock and Product Reviews.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Tried to resolve as treating it as a DOA. He could keep the Discus in question and or get a new one shipped with a reduced shipping cost or get a free one on his next order. We couldn't come to a solution.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Note that I have deleted several posts in this thread. The posts deleted were either not first hand experience or discussion oriented points. Please read these two stickies prior to posting here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...BEFORE-POSTING

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...READ-THIS!!!!!

Thank you,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening