ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: A little about me

Real Name
    Mike

Default A little about me

Hi All,

I'd like to thank everyone here for the knowledge that this forum offers. I'm Mike and I hail from the Western New York region. I'm not a big forum or posting guy but decided I wanted to share a bit. After lurking around and doing a lot of reading over the years, I recently decided to join the forum. I've dabbled with discus for a good decade with my share of ups and downs early on but the last few years have been good. I currently have 3 tanks going on (and a few empty ones as well) I made the decision to finally join the forum because I wanted some advice on a couple juvies. So I bit the bullet and started a thread.

I have 2 pigeon snake juvies that I inherited a few months back. Originally I had planned just to grow them a bit then sell them, but they are looking so nice now that I'm having second thoughts. They have a shaky past and are currently in a 40 gallon and roughly 5 inches big. I also think they may be a male and a female. So I'm probably holding onto them a bit longer than I had originally anticipated.

The 2nd is a 110 gallon with a group of juvies I purchased from Kenny's June shipment. 5 classic leopards, a gold diamond, a blue sapphire, and a checkerboard. They are doing great and I think I'll be starting a thread for them when I find some time.

And Finally, I have a planted 125 gallon that has 1 older pair of discus and a dozen or so small bottom feeders for clean up. The discus are a virgin red and a snow white that are 8 to 9 years old. I started a thread the other day and posted some sub par pics for it.
    "Things don't have to change the world to be important."

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: A little about me

Hi Mike Welcome to SimplyDiscus.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

Welcome Mate!
    One older pair in a large tank, very cool! They have a big tank all to themselves.
    Hopefully you keep up on your water changes like all of us are suppose to!

Registered Member Discus "R" US's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Perrenod

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the Simply Family!

James