ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: PP Treatment on tank

Registered Member

Default PP Treatment on tank

On last Wednesday night I treated my tank for 4 hours with pp. I used around 4ppm over the 4 hours to maintain the pink in the water. This worked well killing all the gill flukes and making the discus look better and eat like pigs again. I have just done another treatment today and after 2 hours one discus started laying on its side and other ones were looking stressed. So I added hydrogen peroxide to kill the treatment. Should I redose in 4 days time as I have read I need to do 4 treatments over a 20 days. Will 2 hours be enough to do a job on the flukes again. Whats people advise on what to do next please

Cheers Tim

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: PP Treatment on tank

I would not treat again unless all your fish seem fully recovered from the last treatment. The next treatment I would probably reduce the dose of PP to 2-3ppm. I assume you were using heavy aeration during the treatment; i.e. airstones, not just bubbling from your sponges filters. The treatment you are doing will only knock the fluke population down for awhile. It will not eradicate them completely from your tank.

The best fluke treatment I have ever used is Andrew Soh's method. It is somewhat involved but is pretty effective in eliminating flukes completely once and for all.

It is described by Harriet in an old post from 2009. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...409#post593409
    Check post #5