ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Long running script...help Identify please read

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeff D'huyvetter

Default Long running script...help Identify please read

Can't post a full thought. Keeps locking up. Is this on your end or mine?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Long running script

I am not following. Are you trying to post a long message and you lose it somehow?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeff D'huyvetter

Yes, even a short message. Text box would freeze up. I could still scroll up and down and sometimes leave the page and come back. Took about 5 tries to get one line to post. Kept getting a long script message at the bottom of the screen. Seems to be fine right now.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

This sounds like a browser issue vs an issue with SimplyDiscus. You might consider trying a different browser. You also might see if your browser requires any updates.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    This sounds like a browser issue vs an issue with SimplyDiscus. You might consider trying a different browser. You also might see if your browser requires any updates.
    Pat
    Well then the 4 browsers I use to access this site must all need updating....not.
    I have had the same thing happen with cheetah, chrome, Mozilla and explorer. There is something on this site that gets wonky at times. All the browser's I listed are on different systems and two are on my phone as well all are set up as auto updated and do get updated very often. I feel the OP's pain some days. I just give up and come back another day or later in the day.

I just thought it was the banner across the top that rotates different sponsors.

I don't think its the banners.. the script they run has never been an issue and hasn't been changed in years. I will look into it though.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Well then the 4 browsers I use to access this site must all need updating....not.
    I have had the same thing happen with cheetah, chrome, Mozilla and explorer. There is something on this site that gets wonky at times. All the browser's I listed are on different systems and two are on my phone as well all are set up as auto updated and do get updated very often. I feel the OP's pain some days. I just give up and come back another day or later in the day.

I just thought it was the banner across the top that rotates different sponsors.
    and you mention it now? lol .. If you guys are having problems in order to try and trouble shoot them , you need to post them! Honestly though, its not likely that a problem like this would affect multiple browsers unless it was an Operating system issue.

Okay so lets move this forward as I have not noticed anything but I am a linux user so that could explain why it works fine for me

Is anyone else having a problem? More to the point should anyone else have an issue...please post it in this thread at the time it happens. I can then trouble shoot and make sure theres no issue. Please include your operating system, and browsers/browser versions.

thanks,
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 09-24-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Long running script...help Identify please read

Al I don't let it bother me. Across the internet now it is amazing all the stuff that now comes in while on any site on the internet. So much so it seems you now need hundred's of gigabytes of ram to deal with it all. I remember when if you had 6 gigabyte's of ram on a machine you could flow freely everywhere and everything loaded in a super fast. Now even on my work machine that has multiple terabytes of ram I still get the stop script banners even though the machine has 12gb of ram heck I remember when an old computer had a 10gb hard drive was yuuuge lol.

Like I said traffic on the net has some to do with it I would also guess.

Default Re: Long running script...help Identify please read

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Al I don't let it bother me. Across the internet now it is amazing all the stuff that now comes in while on any site on the internet. So much so it seems you now need hundred's of gigabytes of ram to deal with it all. I remember when if you had 6 gigabyte's of ram on a machine you could flow freely everywhere and everything loaded in a super fast. Now even on my work machine that has multiple terabytes of ram I still get the stop script banners even though the machine has 12gb of ram heck I remember when an old computer had a 10gb hard drive was yuuuge lol.

Like I said traffic on the net has some to do with it I would also guess.
    I know.... in any case. I will always try and keep this ship running good...so any issues, please always report them.

thanks,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images