AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Camera Phone Users read this

Default Camera Phone Users read this

Hi all,
    I know from time to time some people have had issues when they post pics from their phone to the forum. The pic looks great on the phone, the orientation is correct... then you attach them and they are on their side. I have the same problem with my phone. For some reason, In some phones pic information on the orientation just doesn't get applied. There is an incredibly easy work around on this.....
    . Heres what I do.

First , a pic of an image .. The arrows here are supposed to be Pointing to the sky...

14755144293981931905080.jpg
    And its all wrong!

But..

Its easy to get it sorted out so it looks like this...

14755144293981931905080~2.jpg
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-12-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Camera Phone Users read this

In your camera phone app, the pic looks correct... and is. But then when its transferred to the forum not all the info apparently makes it there. So what you can try is to view the image with your phone and before you post it, Try a simple edit. I use the crop feature. I don't really crop it but just make a slight change to the picture in the camera. Then save the image. Pay attention to where the camera saves it to. Mine saves the the edited Image in a different folder but says where it was saved. When you post it, post the edited image. Don't ask me why but even though I don't edit the orientation at all, the image then posts correctly. I've tried this multiple times now as I have tried to find a way to make the phone pics easier to upload. Its worked 100 % of the time and literally only takes a moment more to do...

I don't think it matters what edit you Make.. I tried a few and they all work for me, for instance I put a photo "frame" effect around it, saved the image and it posts in the correct orientation.

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-12-2023 at 07:57 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Im bumping this topic up.. phone camera images orientation issues are still a problem but they are easily fixed. Just about every phone out there has installed apps for editting camera images.. if yours doesnt your phones app store like "google play" has tons of free ones. You just need to do a simple edit to the image and save it. I use crops as most images benefit from cropping to some degree.

Its really a simple process. Take the picture.. go to edit.. crop ..save ..post.

Oh and an additional benefit here to doing this is if you
    Do this your fish wont get a headache anymore from being forced to swim upside down.

Note.. This is only for posting from phones.. and not all phones are a problem. It does not apply to laptops and pcs. These orient correctly.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-12-2023 at 07:58 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Al, I am a new Smartphone user. I love the camera on it, but how in the world do I get pics from my phone onto the forum here? No idea.

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Al, I am a new Smartphone user. I love the camera on it, but how in the world do I get pics from my phone onto the forum here? No idea.

The easiest way Barb might be to email the pictures from the phone to yourself and download the pictures to your computer from the email and post them here.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

This thread also has some techniques you can try Barb..

Just use the forum on your phone in desktop mode ..not mobile.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...osting-changes

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

I email my photos to myself, download them, then post from the laptop and some images are still sideways.

I you have an Android phone and you use google photos you can go on your desktop compute browser and access you google photos from there. You would have to have a google account to use so you can log in from your computer.

https://photos.google.com/

On your phone

Screenshot 2023-11-17 131014.jpg
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 11-17-2023 at 02:13 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by holderman19 View Post
    I email my photos to myself, download them, then post from the laptop and some images are still sideways.
    Ed, try editing the photos on your phone and posting them. It literally takes very little editing...a simple crop will do it. Your phone probably already has the ability to do this, if not theres a ton of free apps that can do it for free.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com