ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discus from Korea.

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus from Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Do you guys know just how much poop goldfish make themselves? Instead of adding a fish to the tank to eat the discus poop and then clean out the goldfish poop, why not just siphon out the discus poop and be done with it.
    Watch the video Larry if you haven't. Understand the poo situation. The video stated that because the goldfishes gut is so much longer that they put little pressure on bio system....not that I believe it but as with most stuff on the net it would be very easy for a novice to take as truth. Just goes to show that 90% on the net is not true but portrayed as such.

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by sparky8* View Post
    I have contacted the breeder, he can import into the States.

However, since buyers from China buying them up recently, he has very limited availability at this moment in time.

He has 20 of 4" that are good to go now.

And about 50 of 1.5~1.6" will be available in Jan, 2017.

(And believe it or not some of them were sold as expensive as $5,500 usd each about 8 years ago..)
    I guess asking or sold prices is why we never see them in here.

In addition, also note that this thread is starting to look like a commercial sales advertisement so please check with SD owner Al as per SD rules

Thanks...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

OMG... I'll take 10 as well
    -Elliot

Registered Member

We had some reds similar in the USA from Canada,
    the males usually were more of a brownish color.

Cliff

It's that way for all reds. You can sex them very well when they color up. It is a great advantage in choosing potential breeders.

I have the hots in the worst way for some brown based reds that are good fish but still have a wild look.

Best I have seen were at NADA. They were Larry Bugg,s and two others that looked like they might be wild but may have been wild domestic crosses.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    It's that way for all reds. You can sex them very well when they color up. It is a great advantage in choosing potential breeders.

I have the hots in the worst way for some brown based reds that are good fish but still have a wild look.

Best I have seen were at NADA. They were Larry Bugg,s and two others that looked like they might be wild but may have been wild domestic crosses.

Where can we see Larrys NADA Reds ? Can somebody share a link to save me some time browsing through .

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Where can we see Larrys NADA Reds ? Can somebody share a link to save me some time browsing through .
    This is Matt's pic from the Show. The juvies in the video I posted in this thread from Kraig are offspring from this male. The female is a cobalt looking discus from Wantanabe in Japan. I bought the proven pair from Kraig at the Show. They have had two small batches since I have had them. The first was just about 20 and the second batch went free swimming yesterday, probably about 50. I will be growing these out for future breeders. I believe they will end up looking like brown based reds, some solid and some striated. Time will tell if they have the color of the male. Once I have the fish room up and running the male will be mated with a Curipera cross female and also either female red cover or San Merah.

Slide19.JPG
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Phil

Are you planning on selling Larry? Once you get what you are after ?

I have first dibs, Phil. I contacted Mr. Bugg last night.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Phil

Hahaha! Of course you did you sly devil you.

Ladies first !!!

I won't be selling the ones that I currently have. I want to grow them out and see how they look when they mature. Then I will sell some of them and keep some for breeders. In the past I have never worked on growing out what I bred and definitely never really had a future goal like I do this time. For that reason I won't be selling a large quantity of young (2" to 3") juvies for some time. I need to get them big enough to see what I'm working with before selling. Liz actually isn't first on the list, lol. I had a number of people asking at the Show but I have know Liz for about as long as I've been keeping discus and she always calls me "Mr" so I will slide some her way when she is ready.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Neither of us are as smart as that sly devil Larry Bugg. He knew what he was looking for and found the best of what he wanted and bought them. I saw the fish he bought from Kriag at NADA. I'll bet you a nickle that he had first dibs on Kraig's fish.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    I won't be selling the ones that I currently have. I want to grow them out and see how they look when they mature. Then I will sell some of them and keep some for breeders. In the past I have never worked on growing out what I bred and definitely never really had a future goal like I do this time. For that reason I won't be selling a large quantity of young (2" to 3") juvies for some time. I need to get them big enough to see what I'm working with before selling. Liz actually isn't first on the list, lol. I had a number of people asking at the Show but I have know Liz for about as long as I've been keeping discus and she always calls me "Mr" so I will slide some her way when she is ready.
    You are a dear man, Mr. Bugg.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post

In addition, also note that this thread is starting to look like a commercial sales advertisement so please check with SD owner Al as per SD rules

Thanks...Ralph
    I have read it, thank you.
    Last edited by sparky8*; 10-10-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post

Thanks...Ralph

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not mean to make any profit here.

I'd share the breeder's number/email by message if anyone ask. So that you can contact him directly.

http://www.garamdiscus.co.kr/front/p...php?cate_no=24
    Here's breeder's website if you're willing to take a look at(although it's in Korean...)

And if anything becomes an issue in my posting, I'll ask to remove it.

Thank you all
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 10-10-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Removed pricing info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast