ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discus from Korea.

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Discus from Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    This is Matt's pic from the Show. The juvies in the video I posted in this thread from Kraig are offspring from this male. The female is a cobalt looking discus from Wantanabe in Japan. I bought the proven pair from Kraig at the Show. They have had two small batches since I have had them. The first was just about 20 and the second batch went free swimming yesterday, probably about 50. I will be growing these out for future breeders. I believe they will end up looking like brown based reds, some solid and some striated. Time will tell if they have the color of the male. Once I have the fish room up and running the male will be mated with a Curipera cross female and also either female red cover or San Merah.

Attachment 102289
    Larry ,
    This discus looks pretty similar to the Red Moon discus presented by the OP in his first post.
    I hope you ll be able to grow many of its offsprings and spread this gene along the SD members .

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Watch the video Larry if you haven't. Understand the poo situation. The video stated that because the goldfishes gut is so much longer that they put little pressure on bio system....not that I believe it but as with most stuff on the net it would be very easy for a novice to take as truth. Just goes to show that 90% on the net is not true but portrayed as such.
    Its quite noticable that a discus poop decomposes much faster than a goldfish poop . Keeping goldfish through the years i have notice that their poop can stand on the bottom much longer in the original shape and state as opposed to discus poop .
    So having this in mind , maybe the video does holds some thruth about goldfish poop not causing instant pressure on the biosystem , since it can be siphoned out before it starts decomposing and fouling the water.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    It's that way for all reds. You can sex them very well when they color up. It is a great advantage in choosing potential breeders.

I have the hots in the worst way for some brown based reds that are good fish but still have a wild look.

Best I have seen were at NADA. They were Larry Bugg,s and two others that looked like they might be wild but may have been wild domestic crosses.
    If I can get a good male for her.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    If I can get a good male for her.

image.jpg
    Send her to me..............I've got the perfect male for her.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Send her to me..............I've got the perfect male for her.
    Same here but the other way around lol

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    Same here but the other way around lol
    Y'all need to work something out. When you work it out and get results I want to know about it, please.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

For. $5500 a fish, it may be a good idea. I couldn't help but notice how the interest quickly shifted from importing them to breeding them closer to home once that figure was thrown out there. The OP was practically called out for trying to market the fish, which was clearly not the intention. People asked, so Sparky shared. 55 Gs for ten discus fish. Go for it. What could go wrong?

Registered Member

I did not expect that my posting is going to draw this much attention.

Now I'm a bit embarrassed by the fact the best discus keepers all over the world are viewing my post.

And again, I'm not here for making money here, I just wanted to be an active member of SD and share what I know.

The "5500-dollar" comment each isn't the actual price at this time, much much lower than that now. (I can't post it because pricing info is banned here. )

Thank you all for your interest and I hope I can get along with members of SD,
    Ryan

Real Name
    Ralph

Ryan I would not be at all embarrassed what so ever. We understand your intend meant no harm and we are glad to have you as part of SD.
    Although high prices for such Discus float around the forum from time to time but it's minimal so warrants reason for drawing the attention.
    All is good

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Ryan it's a great post shows you what we can't get for whatever reason and the more reason for some breeders to get or recreate these beautiful fish, thanks for sharing.

AL

Real Name
    Sean

I know this is an old thread but the red wild type discus in this video I found blow those away https://youtu.be/qvGR2tDUHoU

Real Name
    Ryan

Ive seen this goldfish w/ discus video. Supposedly goldfish eat all the discus waste. People have been debunking it. But its still debateable i guess
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234