ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with Fed Ex

Real Name
    Patty

Default Fed up with Fed Ex

Fed Ex had a shipment of Kenny's Discus that "simply needed to get there overnight." Instead of Fri at 10am delivery-I picked them up at 9am on Mon. Surprisingly, only 2 out of nine died thanks to Kenny's guidance/packing and my boss who let me come in late on Mon. Kenny did everything possible to get them delivered on a weekend, to no avail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Default Re: Fed up with Fed Ex

Glad it wasn't a total loss

Real Name
    Filip

I'm sorry for your loss Patty . Your new discus looks excellent .I can't believe they got such a quick recovery and bright colouring after the 3 day ordeal .
    Can you ask for repay and commission from fed ex because they did not respected the shipment due date ?

Real Name
    Phil

Wow... What a total sham? What was there excuse because I know they had one! I have had this happen to me twice...

Thankfully I am a reckless beast (over the phone) and was able to get things sorted rather quickly... What part of LIVE FISH do they not understand, blows me away...?

What perished...

Sorry stuff like this disgusts me... I get accidents happen but I feel special care should be made with these deliveries... At least re route it, you know that box was "somewhere" they should get it and have urgency

Real Name
    Patty

Kenny is going to take care of me. I trust him much more than Fed Ex. I do hope they reimburse him- we both lost a lot of sleep over it. To be fair, Kenny rarely has a problem with them. I flashed to the movie, "Castaway" so stuff happens I guess. The best part is I will get first pick next month for my troubles and I think I'll buy an extra one. Love these fish!
    Another thing that helped was I wore my SD t-shirt when I picked up my fish at Fed Ex for added Discus Mojo. Lol!
    Last edited by Pices; 09-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Real Name
    Phil

That is a great attitude! Best of luck and keep us posted!

Real Name
    Patty

Sorry to hear you've been there done that TWICE! My next shipment will be a Tues or Wed. Their excuse was that they were closed. Kenny tried every trick in the book! I love his devotion and energy.
    I lost a Classic Leopard & a Blue Sapphire. If I have any problems next month I may summon up your reckless beast Phil! Thanks for caring.
    I was worried about my Koi, but he finally felt like eating today. You'd never know they had such a hellish weekend!

Real Name
    Phil

Patty,

I am seriously happy to help if you have an issue PM me... I love a good phone argument! lol

Registered Member

Sorry about the ones you lost. The ones who made it look good! Kenny is a straight shooter and goes WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND with his customer service and will do all he can to help.

Real Name
    Matt

Something else to consider going forward is possibly getting them delivered as hold for pickup at a certain Fedex location so you can maybe swing by there on Friday afternoon instead of risking the shipment being missed/mishandled/etc and it goes over the weekend. Might at least cut out a driver error. Not to say it can't happen still, but it may be a better option in certain cases. I find it varies per area, even certain areas in town. Frankly there are some really really good drivers and employees on one side of town and abysmal on the other. There are also just technical issues with the system as a whole that no one can plan for especially going fast overnight and with that much volume, something is bound to get lost, broken, or destroyed at some point. If it's not your fish it's Mrs White's antique lamp. Plane has issues, planes are late due to weather or air traffic, workers are slow or suck at their packing job and don't get it on the plane in that load (planes don't wait I speak from experience), it's held at the sort for whatever reason, just little bugs. If you got the majority of them alive and the box wasn't destroyed over a full weekend I'd be thankful and consider myself lucky. I worked at UPS for a while on an air ramp and it gave me a whole new appreciation for package delivery and me receiving my goods on time and in one piece in the vast majority of cases. If it's a common theme in your area, even with packages other than fish I'd be raising hell. If it's one or two in a blue moon, despite wanting a perfect fish shipment I'd personally have to just pass it off as bad luck. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't be bummed or mad about it lol so I understand. I think we've all been there at some point.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Patty

Yeah- I'll never do a Friday delivery again and picking them up is also a good idea. Thanks for your insight!

So sorry to hear of your ordeal. Heartbreaking to hear about the loss of two. Kenny does an awesome job packing them but they are live animals! Mine were a Friday delivery last week and I feel lucky they made it. I will keep that in mind on my next order. They are settling in so nicely.
    Good luck with yours-they are beautiful! I hope your next three come safely.

Registered Member

Sorry for your lost, i actually got my discus shipped in early this morning from ups. They did a great job even offered live tracking, was delivered about 9:40am, about 50 minutes before the promised time at 10:30am.

Real Name
    Patty

Update: my fish are doing great! I don't know if it's the ordeal we all went through or if it's me, but I'm over the moon with these fish! Are you guys as excited by your guys as I am? I come home and go right to the tank and they greet me. I think about them at work. I change the water and talk to them ( mostly about pooping during the water change) or possible names for them. Am I crazy? I've had a lot of fish, but these are the coolest fish ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Update: my fish are doing great! I don't know if it's the ordeal we all went through or if it's me, but I'm over the moon with these fish! Are you guys as excited by your guys as I am? I come home and go right to the tank and they greet me. I think about them at work. I change the water and talk to them ( mostly about pooping during the water change) or possible names for them. Am I crazy? I've had a lot of fish, but these are the coolest fish ever!
    Hey Patty I'm so glad to hear your story was mostly good news. The fish look great. Looking at the photos of Kennys fish really doesn't do them justice.

I just got back from a 5 day trip. First time leaving the fish unattended for this long. Found myself just sitting, staring making sure everything looked normal.

It's like not seeing a puppy for awhile. It seems I can see change in shape and pattern since leaving on Monday.

Was so happy to see they all look great and tank really is spotless after no food or poop for 5 days.

You think you are in love with them now just wait as they begin to grow and change before your eyes.

Good luck and look forward to watching their progress..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast