ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 weeks after arriving!

Default Re: 2 weeks after arriving!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    You ordered more too? You are bad! You didn't tell me! What did you get?
    I ordered a neon sapphire and an alenquer cross

Default Re: 2 weeks after arriving!

So I followed the great advice about lowering the temp a bit and moving the driftwood around and it actually worked for now...however, I think it won't last too long, there are only so many places to move driftwood around. I decided to get it over with and ordered 2 more fish from Kenny today. It seems like I have a handle on the water quality and the water changes thanks to you forum peeps. I actually enjoy taking care of the tank. It makes me feel good and I have the time. I think this is due to being an empty nester with 2 kids in college and the need to nurture something- and I LOVE these fish. How many times in my life will people actually encourage me to do something this cool. Order more fish! It is like a doctor telling you to eat more potato chips! So there is a 5" Eruption Leopard and another Golden Checkerboard Pigeon with a fuller pattern than the one I have now in my future. So my roundup will be 2 reds, 2 yellows, 2 blues, a white and a spotted. Done and done! I think with the sump and my water changes I will be fine and knowing that the fish will feel more secure and less aggressive in a larger group makes sense.
    Thanks to everyone for your help. It is amazing that all this experience comes together to problem solve so quickly. I have an immediate solution and a long term fix. I am so thankful for all of you! I look forward to the day I have enough experience to help some one new in my position. I keep learning from you every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12