ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need advice.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: need advice.

If the red melon's belly is swollen then it may have bloat. Generally you add Epsom salt to the water at one or two tablespoons per 10 gallons for 24 hours as it is a laxative and aids in passing stuff. Not sure how to do this with without dosing everything. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...d-regular-salt.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Filip

They look OK to me from the Video honorer , except maybe for the 2 discus in the back ( melon and pigeon) that barely moved during the whole video.

You can use 2 sponge filters , Hob or a canister , whatever you have on hand , just make sure to put seeded sponge from the main filtration along with the new materials .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    If the red melon's belly is swollen then it may have bloat. Generally you add Epsom salt to the water at one or two tablespoons per 10 gallons for 24 hours as it is a laxative and aids in passing stuff. Not sure how to do this with without dosing everything. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...d-regular-salt.
    Pat
    thanks pat,
    1 melon and 1 pigeon that look like on trouble, has been return to the LFS this morning.
    i changing it with the other fish other strain to complete the collection on my tank.
    i dont have time to treat a sick fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    They look OK to me from the Video honorer , except maybe for the 2 discus in the back ( melon and pigeon) that barely moved during the whole video.

You can use 2 sponge filters , Hob or a canister , whatever you have on hand , just make sure to put seeded sponge from the main filtration along with the new materials .
    i have make a new sump for the discus tank, maybe tomorrow will be connected.

and this is the video today,

Real Name
    Filip

Great video Honorer. They look more coloured from the previous video and seems to like their new surroundings and water . They look promising batch of discus , and you have made the right decision giving them their own tank and taking care of their needs separately from the monsters that you have in the other tank (pool)

I have yet to see a LFS that takes back sick discus in his own tanks . Although he made you a big favour , I think his move was highly unprofessional , especially if he plop them back for sale in the tank with his other discus .
    Last edited by Filip; 10-31-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Registered Member

Great video Honorer. They look more coloured from the previous video and seems to like their new surroundings and water . They look promising batch of discus , and you have made the right decision giving them their own tank and taking care of their needs separately from the monsters that you have in the other tank (pool)

I have yet to see a LFS that takes back sick discus in his own tanks . Although he made you a big favour , I think his move was highly unprofessional , especially if he plop them back for sale in the tank with his other discus .
    no filip, LFS guys dont put the sick discus back for sale,he quarantine the sick fish with the other,

update my fish today

filtration is using sump for its own. feed the BB from biomedia on the old sump.
    dont know i feeding them enough food or not, feeding regime is FBW on the morning, tetrabits on afternoon, and at night with FBW again.
    i dont like they body shape, i think not so rounded.
    i will add the more strain on thursday,

Registered Member

updating my discus

has been add 3 more golden discus yesterday, sizes 3", same size with the melon before,
    now melons is more than 3", so i think all my discus is growing

Real Name
    Filip

They look good Honorer. I like the shape of your biggest checkerboard discus.

However I'm concerned about their heavy breathing in the video and also their idle behaviour .
    If this video is not taken right after a big Water change or some other change that stressed them in some way and caused the heavy breathing and their stiffness, I would be concerned about their health .
    Otherwise your tank and water look very clean .

Registered Member

just update my fish..

not good in shape, just recovering from the bad water condition after im doing a trip for a week,
    bacuse one fish is died make the water become more worst.

they lost the appetite before, now appetite is not fully recover, 90% wc is done every 2 days, has been treat them with 1ppm PK for 2 days, and increase the temp to 30 deg c.
    hope they will recover soon.

Real Name
    Filip

Hope that they will recover from the shock soon Honorer.
    Some of them shaped up really round and nice .
    What's the 1 ppm PK treatment ?
    Are you referring to Pottasium permanganate?

Registered Member

Hope that they will recover from the shock soon Honorer.
    Some of them shaped up really round and nice .
    What's the 1 ppm PK treatment ?
    Are you referring to Pottasium permanganate?
    ops my fault, we call pottasium permaganate is PK here, so yes its PP.

no i dont like the shape filip, it more look like oval shape or triangle shape than round shape.
    what your suggest for make it better filip, how i can increase the appetite ?
    is 30 deg c temp is enough or more higher ?

Real Name
    Filip

Just elevated temps and fresh water should be enough to get their lost appetite back IMO ,Honorer .Observe their poop colour too .
    I have kept temps. to 32-33 C for + 2 weeks without any issues, trying to enhance appetite .
    Discus can withstand even 35-36 C for a couple of days-weeks , but you have absolutely no reason to do that , its just for your reassurance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123