ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Australian blackworms

Registered Member

Default Australian blackworms

I feed frozen dried Australian blackworms along with tetrabits complete pellete to my discus. Earlier the discus used to go crazy for the blackworms and used to ignore tertabits.
    But for the last one month, the discus are not so interested in the blackworms and are enjoying the tetrabits more. Any idea why such sudden change in taste happen?

Any suggestion for a good quality pallete food other than tetrabits complete? I have blue diamond and yello discus which tend to change color due to tetrabits.

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Australian blackworms

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSurfer2 View Post
    I feed frozen dried Australian blackworms along with tetrabits complete pellete to my discus. Earlier the discus used to go crazy for the blackworms and used to ignore tertabits.
    But for the last one month, the discus are not so interested in the blackworms and are enjoying the tetrabits more. Any idea why such sudden change in taste happen?

Any suggestion for a good quality pallete food other than tetrabits complete? I have blue diamond and yello discus which tend to change color due to tetrabits.
    Discus are finicky eaters and that would explain the change in taste.Not to sure what is available to you in Bengaluru that can be recommended. I suggest you go to some of the pet stores in your area and make a list of foods (Dry, Frozen and freeze dried) post the list here and then I am sure someone will be able to recommend something from that list.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Default Re: Australian blackworms

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSurfer2 View Post

Any chance the Blackworms are stale and old?They have a long shelf life but if stores sub optimally or exposed to water, moisture,heat and humidity that shelf life decreases dramatically. If the fish really like the blackworms and you have been working off the same food container, I would suspect something has happened to the food.

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images