AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Bogwood

Registered Member

Default Bogwood

Hi I have a large piece of bog wood in my tank and today I have noticed a spot of white fluff on it. It's about 5mm squared. Is this dangerous to my discus and what is it

Default Re: Bogwood

Is the wood new? Often times a new piece of wood will develop a fluffy white slime. Not positive about bogwood but have experienced it with manzanita. If that's what it is it harmless and will go away on its own. Also plecos enjoy eating it if you have one in there.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Is the wood new? Often times a new piece of wood will develop a fluffy white slime. Not positive about bogwood but have experienced it with manzanita. If that's what it is it harmless and will go away on its own. Also plecos enjoy eating it if you have one in there.
    Yeah the bogwood has been in the tank for just over a week. As long as it won't affect the fish al just keep an eye on it

Real Name
    Filip

Its perfectly normal and harmless for any new wood introduced in the tank .It will be gone in a matter of weeks . Bristlenose , plecos and other fish loves to eat this stuff. its Some type of Bacterias takeing advantage of the organics on the wood , once they are done with it it will be gone .