ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I do not receive emails saying i havd replies to topics

Registered Member

Default I do not receive emails saying i havd replies to topics

Hi, i do not receive emails saying i have had responses to topics i have either created or taken part in, my email address is correct, its a hotmail.com address.

when i first joined the site i got to the part that said you have joined but to confirm the account you have to activate your account by email, i never got this email and had to contact the owner who activated it for me.

are hotmail email address's banned or something?

is that why i do not get emails?

thanks

James

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: I do not receive emails saying i havd replies to topics

Hi James,

For whatever reason the hotmail email server does not forward email from the webmaster email to the email recipient. We have had to manual activate countless new members who use hotmail. My only suggest is you could try a different email address which you can change in your settings.

hth,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Default Re: I do not receive emails saying i havd replies to topics

Check your bulk/spam/junk folder on Hotmail. Large email services like Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail are notorious for filtering automatically generated emails from forums. If you find one in your junk folder, select the message and choose "This is not spam" or whatever the Hotmail equivalent is. It will add the email address to your white list and all future mail will go to your inbox instead. You can also manually add webmaster@simplydiscus.com to your White List in Hotmail's settings.