Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 75G tank with 40G sump journey, a novice perpective

Registered Member Pompadour Discus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Aja

Default Re: 75G tank with 40G sump journey, a novice perpective

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Is this a steel stand?
    No its solid wood! The stand that was made of steel I did not purchase. It looked like this:shopping-37x31.jpg but was bigger made for a 75 gallon.

I just painted my new wood stand that I got for $37, bought one can of paint for $3.16 and had one about half full left over from another project. The pictures don't do it justice it looks so much better!
    20161122_104317-1032x581.jpg
    20161122_104323-1032x581.jpg
    "At the end of the day we are not really fish keepers, but water keepers." - Chris Ingham

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very nice. I have done a lot of tank stand painting over the years and I will say that staining is my absolute most hated...

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member Pompadour Discus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Aja

So I finally finished my aquarium light! Took forever since I have been working a lot of hours and I had to wait for a part. And I didn't have any of the proper tools.

So I pretty much just followed the King of DIY YouTube video to make this, it was super easy.
    https://youtu.be/_EYC3obFY4w

I did have a few problems, the sticky back to the leds weren't actually sticky so I had to get some non-toxic glue and tape it down until glue dried. The rain gutter end caps are hard as heck to attach to the rain gutters. The drill I have sucks balls so I had to go to my dads house and use his saw and drill. So many issues, but its finally done. I have a very nice remote and it is super bright thanks to the reflective tape.20161124_155851-3096x1742.jpg

I have a video I recorded of the lights working on my phone but haven't figured out how to upload videos on here yet that aren't YouTube.
    "At the end of the day we are not really fish keepers, but water keepers." - Chris Ingham

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123