ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Discus breed in Houston Texas!!

Default Discus breed in Houston Texas!!

I would really like to be able to get/pickup discus from someone in the Houston area. In one of the largest cities in the US and when looking for Houston born and raised discus all I here is crickets and the place turns to a ghost town.
    Thanks,
    E

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus breed in Houston Texas!!

Hi E, you're right there doesn't seem to be much of a discus scene in Houston when I was there.

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

I do not currently know of any discus breeders in Houston. There are still a few of us up here in DFW.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member

I currently live in the houston area and the best place I have found since living here is a place called Houston Aquarium Warehouse in Stafford.

Real Name
    Dominic

It's really rare to find discus breeders down here. I live in Spring and I have seen people post in the Greater Houston Aquarium Club discus that they have bred, but their no professional discus breeders by any means. Places around here that get good stock of discus are Houston Aquarium Warehouse - they have a bunch of nice high quality strains. That Aquarium Place just got around 150 discus in, sadly majority are PB (I don't like them, personal opinion). There is one guy that imports some nice discus around here, i think he goes by Aquapets Paradise. Hope this helps.
    My Aquatic Science teacher gave me the nickname "Fish Whisperer" and I didn't get it for nothing!