AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Little Things (literally) That Make Life Easier-What Have You Found?

Default Re: 3 Little Things (literally) That Make Life Easier-What Have You Found?

This allows me to turn the pump on in the basement while I'm upstairs standing by the tank.
    So far it has been 100% reliable.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/HS100.html

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Arturs Millers

Default Re: 3 Little Things (literally) That Make Life Easier-What Have You Found?

Best thing till now .. attaching garden hose to my tap ..

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Smudge

1, A plastic beaker with screw on lid for pre filter:
    IMG_20170605_200330.jpg
    Filter off, lid on, no mess. Carry upside down to sink for a good scrub.

2, Plumbed in aging tank above display tank and drain. Open/close taps for water changes, no more syphon or buckets.
    IMG_20170605_200405.jpg

3, Remote control switches as mentioned, I just tested mine and they keep settings, Yay!

Wow! Awesome idea! I assume it is food grade plastic right? This is exactly why I started this thread- hoping members would keep adding on.

Thanks for sharing!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Smudge

Yeah Jenene, food grade for 50p from Asda. Maybe a dollar from walmart across the pond!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by artursm15 View Post
    Best thing till now .. attaching garden hose to my tap ..

+1
    I bought the same product!

Love these things

Wemo Mini Smart Plug, Wi-Fi Enabled, Works with Amazon Alexa https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBI0A6R..._6uXrzb5GENHS4
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

Can anyone recommend an outlet with remote that stays on if power is lost? My fx6 is the only thing that eats food faster than my discus...I bought one on amazon for now that doesn't come back on and it is so nice not haveing to open the door and crawl halfway into my stand and unplug my two filters and then plug them in again once food is eaten. Such a good idea stated earlier in this thread but the possible loss of power gives me anxiety��

Registered Member

Hey guys I just looked at my remote plug and what do you know it has a dial that when Switched to on it will power back on with powerloss. Feel much better now☺️ Here is a link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E5...g+remote&psc=1

Everything that makes my life easier costs a lot of money. I think that I've run out of easy stuff.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Eric

Nothing too inventive here but this really makes siphoning sand easy. The bamboo stick helps me reach any and all corners of the tank without getting wet. The best part is that I can adjust the stick up and down which allows me to have the stick sticking out past the siphon. This is a great guide and help prevent sucking up sand. I have 1" deep sand, so I stick the bamboo 1" past the siphon. Better yet, after getting up all the waste, I go back in and use the extended stick to really stir up the sand. Everything that gets stirred up is immediately sucked up by the siphon, which hovers over the sand because the stick acts as a guide. I also suck up a considerable amount of sand, which I rinse and put back in the tank.

IMG_1232.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoussock View Post
    Can anyone recommend an outlet with remote that stays on if power is lost? My fx6 is the only thing that eats food faster than my discus...I bought one on amazon for now that doesn't come back on and it is so nice not haveing to open the door and crawl halfway into my stand and unplug my two filters and then plug them in again once food is eaten. Such a good idea stated earlier in this thread but the possible loss of power gives me anxiety��
    I am pretty sure the wemo does that I posted in earlier post and your phone is the remote. I'll have to test to be sure
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Amy

I may have to copy this idea (bamboo stick). My arms are short and I've always had a hard time vacuuming with the python, this would help me a lot! Thanks! Oh and those blackberries look yummy. ��

Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AquaWoman View Post
    I may have to copy this idea (bamboo stick). My arms are short and I've always had a hard time vacuuming with the python, this would help me a lot! Thanks! Oh and those blackberries look yummy. ��
    You will love the convenience and dry arms!

Thanks for the compliment on my Chester blackberries, I had a bumper crop this year. I believe those particular blackberries are now fermenting in a bucket in my basement along with 20 more lbs! I should get about 3 dozen bottles of prime blackberry wine if all goes according to plan

Registered Member SomeFin's Fishy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark

I use the same remote switch on the pump I use to vacuum the "debris" off the bottom of the tanks. It's extremely useful when vacuuming a number of tanks, especially when you're on the other side of the fish room and need to turn the pump on/off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast