ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Quick Tour of My Discus Room

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Default Quick Tour of My Discus Room

Hello all,

Here is a link to a youtube video I made last night... only a couple minutes long but it is just a little tour of my discus room, enjoy!
    I have 6 55gals, 4 20longs, and a 200gal.

https://youtu.be/FM_sqt2gmmg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Quick Tour of My Discus Room

Awesome setup and your water system video is great for that 200g. Stealing that remote outlet idea for sure!
    Last edited by BmoreBraap; 12-07-2016 at 08:29 PM.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Very nice Greg, you have some gorgeous discus! Hope some of them are liking and using my cones I see a few of? Do you sell the fry?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Very impressive Greg. Will be following this to see what you get up to.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Very nice Greg, you have some gorgeous discus! Hope some of them are liking and using my cones I see a few of? Do you sell the fry?
    Barb
    Thank you! Yes I have a pair sitting on eggs/wrigglers using one of your cones right now. The blue diamond babies were spawned on your white cone. I have had several other pairs use your cones as spawning sites as well.... the fish like them a lot and so do I!!! I do sell the fry... but it is very slow... mostly local sales, but at the end of the day I really enjoy watching them grow and develop!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Very impressive Greg. Will be following this to see what you get up to.
    I have a lot more things to post so definitely say in the loop if youre interested!

Real Name
    Ryan

Good stuff. Loved seeing the different stages of your spawns. I really like the one that starts pigeon markings and gets spots further back on the body. Very unique.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Registered Member

Really like the Eruptions at 1:30 of the video, maybe you can show and tell us more about them. Enjoy your videos, looking forward to more.

Rick

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
    Really like the Eruptions at 1:30 of the video, maybe you can show and tell us more about them. Enjoy your videos, looking forward to more.

Rick
    I'll take another video of them tonight and try to give each fish enough camera time so you can truly see them!

So basically the fish in that tank include:
    Stendker Leopard Snakeskins from Discus Hans
    Lawrence Soon Face Spotted Penang Eruption from Darwin & Wes @ Uncle Sam's
    Tony Tan Spotted Leopard w/ Ring Gene from David @ Discus/Angelfish USA
    Dexter Chung Albino Eruption from Bryan @ Discus N More.

I bought many as 3inch fish that have been growing out nicely while others were purchased as adults because they had patterns/traits I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post
    Good stuff. Loved seeing the different stages of your spawns. I really like the one that starts pigeon markings and gets spots further back on the body. Very unique.
    Thank you! There are two pigeons in that tank that really just set themselves apart for me... the one with the spots is one of my all time favorites and there is another fish with spot/leopard patterning that didn't get enough facetime but has the potential to be even nicer, it is on the bottom right at the end of the footage for that tank.

Can't over state how great and consistent I think your shapes are. Very round and nice & thic as well as size on them. Really enjoyed the video too because for me it wasnt like you spent forever on each tank but you didn't speed through plus I could see them really good. I like your style!
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Can't over state how great and consistent I think your shapes are. Very round and nice & thic as well as size on them. Really enjoyed the video too because for me it wasnt like you spent forever on each tank but you didn't speed through plus I could see them really good. I like your style!
    Thank you very much for your kind comment! I am glad you are able to enjoy the fish and video. I do not know many people I can talk discus with so this subforum really gives me the chance to show what I got and work so hard at! I will be posting more videos on my new youtube channel and here so please stay posted! I also have 4-5 pairs that are all laying eggs right now which is really cool so I will be filming them as well!