AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acrylic Fish Tank

Registered Member

Default Re: Acrylic Fish Tank

Quote Originally Posted by 32Bit_Fish View Post
    Does anyone know any store in tri-state areas that sell acrylic fish tank? I've called petland discount and they don't even know the difference between a glass tank and an acrylic fish tank. All other LFs don't even sell acrylic fish tank.
    Very,very few LFS stock acrylic tanks as they are a niche product due to cost.Best places to have one delivered to your door are fishtanksdirect.com and Hayneedle who ship for free

Registered Member

Is it going to be an easy fix on scratched acrylic tank?

Registered Member

Youtube it and watch.

Registered Member

I've had a TruVu 50g for 10 years and I bought a used TruVu 100g 5 years ago and both have been very good to me. Yes, you can scratch them, but its not as easy as you'd think. I also have another 55g I picked up used and made a killer sump out of for the 100g. It has lots of scratches and a couple patched holes from an earlier stand pipe and drains. It holds water just fine and the BB don't mind the scratches.

If you are interested, TruVu deals direct and can ship to you almost anywhere I'd presume. They have some descent prices, not like glass, but they weigh a lot less, I was able to lift my 100g by myself. Link:http://www.truvuaquariums.com/

Registered Member

I've had very good luck with TruVu Acrylic aquariums and they'll ship it to you.

My now defunct LFS carried them, but only ever had a couple in stock at a time. He would order you any size you want for local pickup 3 or 4 weeks later. That made it cheaper because he would sell it for list or better and you could pick it up local, no shipping charges. Darn recession killed the two best LFS in my area a few years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12